Reality Check

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
RobbieBrewer said:
If we were in the top ten(and we're good enough to be around the same level as Bolton and Portsmouth ffs)then you WOULD be looking forward to the likes of Kaka coming to the club.
It's just that instead of looking positively up towards the top 6 with top-class reinforcements to come in-we're now looking "up" towards the relative "security" of mid-table,hoping for run-of-the-mill PL players like Bellamy to come and show these "lazy soft arses" like Elano how to play football.

Utterly laughable.

That's how far our expectations have been allowed to fall.But that is our current reality.

Shocking.

Elano has not put it in for 12 months now and yes he is a lazy soft arse and has a sulky arse as well. He needs to be shown the door asap.
well said,i just could not be bothered to responed.
(head against wall thing happening)

pominoz said:
well said,i just could not be bothered to responed.
(head against wall thing happening)

People are harking to back to some sunny August/September days in 2007 when he first arrived. Ever since then he has done very little. Yes he has scored and made some goals but that should not hide his utterly uncaring and spineless performances at times.

I am expecting 2 or more signings to be announced on New Years Day whoever they may be. If Madrid can make agreements and parade players in front of the media 10 days before the window opens, I expect us to have made some deals already (of course it doesnt fooking matter what I expect ;)

Problem is, because this is City after all, I can also see us not having contacted anyone and getting blown out for practically every player we approach....

But I agree with the OP, whoever comes in be it superstar or otherwise, they have to be better than what we have.

Wooo, I am converted to the realist brigade.

Thanks to our mighty league position, all of which is down to Elano I might add I now accept that I was deluded to expect world class signings, I now accept that the signing of Robinho was a false dawn and i should accept mediocre players to help us pull away from the position that Elano has got us in.

I welcome

Bellamy
RSC
Warnock
Samba

Fingers crossed especially tight for Bellamy!!

svennis pennis said:

Thanks to our mighty league position, all of which is down to Elano I might add I now accept that I was deluded to expect world class signings, I now accept that the signing of Robinho was a false dawn and i should accept mediocre players to help us pull away from the position that Elano has got us in.

I welcome

Bellamy
RSC
Warnock
Samba

Yes because I mentioned NONE of the above players....fool.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
svennis pennis said:

I welcome

Bellamy
RSC
Warnock
Samba

Yes because I mentioned NONE of the above players....fool.

Well that makes me more of a realist than you then.

I pity the fool!!

mr-t-dances2.gif

I have been reading in recent weeks about being linked with Kaka, Villa etc and like everyone else I was excited to see my club linked with such names. How true these rumours are, we will see in the next 37 days but I started to think that maybe we running before we can walk.- Are we not better trying to build the squad gradually and improving season on season?

"I remember saying to some friends straight after the takeover that we will not be close to having a premiership winning team for 5 years at least, and my opinion has not changed.

Whether we like it or not Hughes is going to be our manager in Jan (I am still in the give him a full season camp) and is going to have a decent amount of money to spend. One area Hughes has been very good is the transfer market (bar TBH) Zab, Kompany, SWP all look like great players. The players who have been shite this season have been signed by previous regimes; let us not forget it was the mighty Sven who signed Benjani! Like it or not this is not Hughes squad, and there are some players he clearly does not want around.

So, I welcome the likes of Bullard and Bridge- world beaters? No. Good dependable, proven premiership players? Yes. Better than what we currently have? Yes. We need to be realistic of where we are as a football club at this present moment, we need players who can come in and hit the ground running in January, we are at present in a relegation battle and can't afford to carry anyone.

I can’t help thinking that getting a load of foreign players who have only come for the money in January could further upset the camp and could spell disaster for the club."

Absolutely spot on lad

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
RobbieBrewer said:
If we were in the top ten(and we're good enough to be around the same level as Bolton and Portsmouth ffs)then you WOULD be looking forward to the likes of Kaka coming to the club.
It's just that instead of looking positively up towards the top 6 with top-class reinforcements to come in-we're now looking "up" towards the relative "security" of mid-table,hoping for run-of-the-mill PL players like Bellamy to come and show these "lazy soft arses" like Elano how to play football.

Utterly laughable.

That's how far our expectations have been allowed to fall.But that is our current reality.

Shocking.

Elano has not put it in for 12 months now and yes he is a lazy soft arse and has a sulky arse as well. He needs to be shown the door asap.

i agree with that ive not seen the real elano since boro at home last season and i for one wont shead a tear if he goes

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
svennis pennis said:
Well that makes me more of a realist than you then.

I pity the fool!!

mr-t-dances2.gif

All the players who are not putting it in = Sven.

All the players who are = Hughes.

Rubish, collectivelly they are not putting in including the management.

To say that all Hughes players are great and Svens crap is a poor comment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.