Recent (-ish) City players you've never heard of

I saw Curtis Fleming(Middlesboro) play for City for one game back in 1990(I think) vs Shelbourne in Dublin.

Gave away a penalty and that was the end of his trial period.

im sure there are loads of players that played for city that I haven't heard of, sadly I cant put these players names down on a list because ive never heard of them,so wouldn't know who to put down that I don't know who has played for us as I don't know the names of the players who have played for us but I don't know their names, because if I had heard of them I wouldn't to be able to put their names down on a list of players who had played for city that I hadn't heard of because I haven't heard of them.

Colin Bell

I was there and it was a shocker, but no surprise with that team we put out.
Rags often refer to this game and the attendance for some obscure reason!
I was there too. I went because my Dad was at the 8,000 Swindon game and they’d said this was going to be the lowest competitive 1st team attendance for City. Keep it in the family and all. I sat next to a guy over from Australia. I think Lee Peacock scored for them. I remember thinking he seemed a good option off the bench at one stage after we signed him. The depths we’d sunk to were pretty low.

I also remember the Daily Mirror back page after the game, it showed United’s stadium full for a Champions League game and then said something like, ‘Meanwhile at Maine Road..’ with an image of a scattering of fans in the Kippax. It genuinely felt like there was no way back.

I thought I knew pretty much everyone who's played for City, but I recently came across a Steve Rimmer and an Alan Bailey, who played for us in a game in 1998. I'd never heard of them
It seems they turned out v Mansfield at home in the Auto Windscreens trophy on Dec 8th 1998, Rimmer starting and Bailey coming on as a sub, the only time either of them played. They were in a side also "starring" Tony Vaughan, Neil Heaney and Jamie Pollock.
City lost 1-2 and the crowd was 3,007.
Was there ever a lower attendance for a competitive game at Maine Rd (or the Etihad)? And was there ever a lower point in City's fortunes?
I'd be interested to know if any Bluemooners were at that wretched evening.

I couldn’t make it.

I was on my way back from York away.

City just seemed to reel from one "lowest point ever" to another "even lower lowest point ever", back in those days.

Every time, I'd get more and more depressed, and my Mum would try to cheer me up, saying "Mark my words - every dog shall have it's day ... those United fans won't be laughing in a few years, when City are top of the league and winning everything !"

And I used to get quite exasperated at her blind optimism, shouting:
"Mum ! I know you're just trying to cheer me up, but City are never ever going to finish above United ! They're going for the Treble and we're struggling to even catch Walsall for a promotion place from the Third Division !
We're doomed ... I hate football !"

Sorry, Mum ... you were somehow (and wonderfully) right.

I was in hospital (argument with a car.)
David_Hasselhoff_als_Michael_Knight_fku1rwrsye

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.