Recent (-ish) City players you've never heard of

Billy McNeill signed a Jock for every position except a keeper!
Two of them, Greame Sinclair a full back on loan from Celtic. I saw his 2 games v Chelsea in the League cup (lost 4-0) and i think Pompey away.
Then there was one game wonder on loan Dom Sullivan - i think from Greenock Morton. Played v Torquay in the league cup and looked the part in a 6-0 win.... But then it was Torquay...... Sent back to Greenock....

Last edited:
Stuart lee and Paul Sugrue ? Record £10k signing from Nuneaton Borough!!! Google his name !!!

I was gonna say this bought him for £40k sold him back for £50 county were in financial trouble at the time???? Just saying?

Was an organised deal made by Jimmy Frizzell and not supported by the manager Mel Machin. They used the painting & part time as reason for leaving.

how can you write somebody down if you've never heard of them?

Not so much that you've never heard of him but during the Georgian invasion in the mid-90s Murtaz Shelia looked like a quality signing for us only to get a bad injury a few games in

Shame indeed,as he was a proper powerhouse (legs like tree trunks) and took no shit,looked like he could play a bit too.

His mate Kakhaber Tskhadadze had a similar fate.

Think it was £30,000
I went to a pre season friendly at Nuneaton in 1980 as part of the transfer.
Sugrue is currently serving time at one of Her Majesty's Hotels.....
Watched him in the reserves, it was the time of life that fitted in with going after work in town.

Looked lively in the stiffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.