recommendations for places to visit?

es1

I'm off on a little european tour in a few weeks, can anyone recommend anywhere to visit in venice, rome, barcelona and madrid (apart from the obvious tourist things!)

cheers

In barca you have to go to the new camp and visit the gothic area, some fantastic tapas bars and some top drinking pubs. I know they are touristy but hey ho!!!! thats where we went

cheers, i plan on going to the nou camp and bernabaeu

also need somewhere to catch the city v liverpool game, will it be on in local pubs/bars??

i'l be in rome when its on

Rome is great - All of the tourist attractions are in walking distance, if you don't mind walking.

'You should see the colleseum spaniard!' - you know you'll be humming the gladiator theme.

Ghent is nice and so is Antwerp

The nicest place in Europe is Switzerland imo. Not many people seem to go there but some of the scenery is spectacular.

When you get to venice mate , the best thing you can do is to get lost in the little streets and Alleyways . The Mrs and I did this and we found little piazzas that had just locals eating there and they were fantastic and cheap . If you eat on the tourist spots your need a second mortgage !

Also get a waterbus Ticket as they are much cheaper then Taxi's and do the same route down the Grand Canal !

Chrisja1000 said:
When you get to venice mate , the best thing you can do is to get lost in the little streets and Alleyways . The Mrs and I did this and we found little piazzas that had just locals eating there and they were fantastic and cheap . If you eat on the tourist spots your need a second mortgage !

Also get a waterbus Ticket as they are much cheaper then Taxi's and do the same route down the Grand Canal !

cheers

will certainly look into these!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.