Record Shops

Was it called spinn inn? I always used to listen stu allen in the late 80s on a Sunday on Piccadilly radio when he did his rap show and he always did the top 10 best sellers of the week from spinn inn records.
Bit of a stab in the dark.

Spin Inn was on Cross St, down a small set of stairs. Went there for my Northern stuff 73 onwards and my Jazz Funk stuff 76 onwards. Full of DJ's every Saturday morning and all us young soul boys spending our hard earned wages!

Happy days.

Name doesn't ring any bells. But I'm absolutely certain of the location.

@denislawsbackheel this is a bit off topic, but is Pink Moon as good as Five Leaves Left? Be as objective as you can. I've often thought of buying it.

It isn't as immediately accessible as his first two albums. His depression and mental issues clearly influenced the lyrics. It is more "produced" than Five Leaves more on a par with Bryter Later in that respect. If you are a fan it is a superb album.

it's great trawling some of the old fashioned record shops and chatting about different genres and influences. some are massively overpriced i find, charity shops especially. went a record fair in dorset recently and found plenty of half decent stuff in bargain bin - copy of chameleons fan and the bellows for mere £2

Was it called spinn inn? I always used to listen stu allen in the late 80s on a Sunday on Piccadilly radio when he did his rap show and he always did the top 10 best sellers of the week from spinn inn records.
Bit of a stab in the dark.

Spin Inn was in an arcade behind Market Street iirc. Still follow Stu Allan now & did back then. He used them for his tunes and Top 10s, but then he went with Manchester Underground, a new record store set up by Kenny Grogan maybe he was called(?) - might have been involved in Bowlers too back in the day.
Back to Stu, Sunday nights 7-8pm, Bus Dis hip hop & rap, 8-9pm Souled Out, 9-10pm the House Hour garage & house. Were brilliant shows & still have a few tapes slowly decaying somewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.