Record Shops

Spin Inn was in an arcade behind Market Street iirc. Still follow Stu Allan now & did back then. He used them for his tunes and Top 10s, but then he went with Manchester Underground, a new record store set up by Kenny Grogan maybe he was called(?) - might have been involved in Bowlers too back in the day.
Back to Stu, Sunday nights 7-8pm, Bus Dis hip hop & rap, 8-9pm Souled Out, 9-10pm the House Hour garage & house. Were brilliant shows & still have a few tapes slowly decaying somewhere.
Bus Dis that's the one, used to have my tape deck on record and paused ready, wow great memories.
Didn't he do a bit on the rave circuit too between 91-93, I seem to remember him being at shelleys and Angels if I recall!?

Bus Dis that's the one, used to have my tape deck on record and paused ready, wow great memories.
Didn't he do a bit on the rave circuit too between 91-93, I seem to remember him being at shelleys and Angels if I recall!?

Yep, never stopped mate, and now does a great Friday 8-10pm show on his own old school internet radio station OSN - available on their app, via Tune In, or just look for him or OSN on Twitter.
I remember seeing him all over; Kinetic at Longton Stoke, Quest Wolverhampton; Drome Birkenhead, 051 Liverpool - but I know he also did those two you name as well. In fact apart from Cream, and maybe the Hac he must’ve played all the decent gaffs. I don’t think he plays that much hip hop out, though I think there’s something coming up at Burnage Sports & Social club soon if you’re tempted

Yep, never stopped mate, and now does a great Friday 8-10pm show on his own old school internet radio station OSN - available on their app, via Tune In, or just look for him or OSN on Twitter.
I remember seeing him all over; Kinetic at Longton Stoke, Quest Wolverhampton; Drome Birkenhead, 051 Liverpool - but I know he also did those two you name as well. In fact apart from Cream, and maybe the Hac he must’ve played all the decent gaffs. I don’t think he plays that much hip hop out, though I think there’s something coming up at Burnage Sports & Social club soon if you’re tempted
Wow still going? What a trooper. Might check the Burnage gig out, cheers for the heads up.

The bookshop in New Mills has a 2nd hand record shop in the cellar with quite a decent offering and great prices. There's also tons of 7" for about 50p, always fun to grab a few tunes on the way home from a country walk.

Bought my last LPs from Fopp the other week. I like how it caters for left field

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.