Record Store Day 2021 first drop 12th June

People queuing up in early hours for it , yet just went on rough trade and townsend records websites and got all the items I was interested in. Brings much needed business to the smaller shops but most of it is not as limited as they say

People queuing up in early hours for it , yet just went on rough trade and townsend records websites and got all the items I was interested in. Brings much needed business to the smaller shops but most of it is not as limited as they say

Well a few of what I wanted sold out in town and unavailable online from several stores across the country including the two you mention.

20210612_114101.jpg

Bagged this which was an unofficial entry, only 90 made sold in Dilly records and Action in Preston

Elbow EPs, Super furry animals were bagged.

Missed out on Small Faces which was my main choice

Well a few of what I wanted sold out in town and unavailable online from several stores across the country including the two you mention.

I guess it depends on your musical taste- maybe mine is shit so no one else wanted them.
I always find banquet records has most stuff out of stock elsewhere

I guess it depends on your musical taste- maybe mine is shit so no one else wanted them.
I always find banquet records has most stuff out of stock elsewhere

I doint your tastes are shit, they were plenty of my musical choices left too.

I don't think this years has been as busy as normal, I have seen the Qs outside piccadilly records be there well into the afternoon previous years, it was pretty much gone by 11am this time, think many stayed in and waited for the 6pm online sales instead

Vinyl seems to be becoming popular again and is outselling CDs. Obviously streaming dominates these days.

Any particular advantage to vinyl over CDs/streaming? Or is it mainly nostalgia driven?
no expert but i would say there is an element of nostalgia around vinyl being popular again but also there is the factor that music on vinyl will sound much more like the band intended it to than most other formats. lot of records now released on vinyl can be collectable mainly due to the obsessiveness of collectors. it's hard for artists as often labels release music that the band no longer has ownership of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.