Record Store Day 2021 first drop 12th June

Vinyl seems to be becoming popular again and is outselling CDs. Obviously streaming dominates these days.

Any particular advantage to vinyl over CDs/streaming? Or is it mainly nostalgia driven?
For me it's the feel, the smell and the effort. I stream of course but nothing beats putting an album on and listening to it. Rather than something just on in the background.

Storage is usually an issue but I have my own room for music/ gaming.

Second drop was today
Could only afford the Clash (interview LP that has ten tracks from Sandinista on it )
And the Ramones live in 1980

Wasn't that much else I was interested in actually

Struggled to find anything from today- there was literally no other customers in my local shop and this was just before 9am. Ended up purchasing love-everybody's gotta live and captain beefheart unconditionally guaranteed. Just to give them some business. Spreading it out over 2 days made good sense in current climate, but quality of second drop i thought was poor.

Didn’t realise that was today, looked at the releases and there’s nowt special. Ordered new wax this morning anyway.

I used to camp out all night but couldn't face it this year

But hopefully I've secured the Mr Benn picture disc through a contact

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.