Records that changed your life.....

When I first heard Bob Marley, was some Bootleg I got from a car-boot sale but damn did I take a interest in Reggae after that.

Pearl Jam's Ten

I really liked it from the first play and then got a bit into the grunge scene. Before that I was very much into pop and the heaviest I got was INXS.

It's my cousins fault, bringing all his records round before matches at Maine Road!

So many, where to begin.....?

Sweet - Blockbuster. Though to be fair, it was the B side that opened my eyes to 'Hard Rock'. (though didnt even know it had a name at 13!)

Led Zeppelin - IV - A kid at school gave me a cassette of this he had found, blew me away.

Queen - II - After seeing them open for Mott The Hoople (my fisrt gig) and not knowing who they were, bought this and was amazed.

Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight. Opened my ears to perfectly crafted rock with melodies.

Van Halen - Van Halen A totally new way of making an electric guitar scream..

Prince - 1999 Genius is an overused word....but he is one.

R.E.M. - Murmur Turnred me onto all that Paisley Underground stuff at the time; The Dream Syndicate, The Rain Parade, Gereen On Red, The Bangles, The Hoodoo Gurus, The Church etc...

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses. Proved 'Indie' could have soul.

Banned Tosspot said:
Pearl Jam's Ten

I really liked it from the first play and then got a bit into the grunge scene. Before that I was very much into pop and the heaviest I got was INXS.

It's my cousins fault, bringing all his records round before matches at Maine Road!

excellent choice! rage against the machine - rage against the machine

mackenzie said:
Think it was called "Room in your Life" by Kate Bush.

Completely changed the direction of my life in a profound way, after listening to it on my own one evening.

Room for the Life from The Kick Inside album. Ah, what memories! Great album!

I went shnopping in town and bought an album one day. Got back to the pub and me mate said, "Where've you been?" I said I went to Vinyl Exchange and got Bummed by the Happy Mondays. Pretty life changing.

Dabz
wrong album.
That's from Folkjokeopus.

And here from the sleeve notes for his album HQ I give you
"...and as usual all work ceased if Manchester City were were on the box or anywhere near London...."
Rusholme lad you see.

Didn't think that anything could ever come along as different as Beefheart
till this
<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YYOx43j9pRI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YYOx43j9pRI</a>

guv said:
mackenzie said:
Think it was called "Room in your Life" by Kate Bush.

Completely changed the direction of my life in a profound way, after listening to it on my own one evening.

Room for the Life from The Kick Inside album. Ah, what memories! Great album!

That's the one guv!

Can't understand why I always seem to have a mental block on the title.

And yes, great album. That album is when I fell in love with Kate. To a 15 year old girl it was mighty stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.