Recruitment issues

HelloCity

Anyone else feel like our recruitment strategy is starting to hold us back?

We’re now losing players like Silva and Kompany, while the likes of Fernandinho and Aguero aren’t getting any younger. The thing is, the players we’re bringing in aren’t at the same level and often it feels like a case of ‘we don’t really know how they’ll turn out, but let’s hope they’re good’. Players like Aguero, Silva and Yaya were top class when we bought them and even Kompany was really highly regarded but held back due to his injury record.

Buying proven big players often DOES work. I’d argue our two biggest names purchased since Garry Cook left were De Bruyne and Sterling but based on the last few years you just know that Aguero’s successor is going to be some mid-range player who ends up struggling to get 15 goals a season.

This will upset some but we SHOULD be in for players like Sancho. His record at Dortmund is phenomenal. I don’t care about the past - let bygones be bygones. He’ll be a star in the top flight for the next 10 years when he comes back.

Don’t get me wrong I do think there are good deals to be had with lesser known talent, I just think you need a strong core of top class players and then you build around them.

I think we are just desperately lacking a bit of character at the minute. Our recruitment approach seems to be to get a group of nice guys in that won't rock the boat too much. But don't you wish we had a Yaya or a Tevez out there on the pitch for us today?

Anyone else feel like our recruitment strategy is starting to hold us back?

We’re now losing players like Silva and Kompany, while the likes of Fernandinho and Aguero aren’t getting any younger. The thing is, the players we’re bringing in aren’t at the same level and often it feels like a case of ‘we don’t really know how they’ll turn out, but let’s hope they’re good’. Players like Aguero, Silva and Yaya were top class when we bought them and even Kompany was really highly regarded but held back due to his injury record.

Buying proven big players often DOES work. I’d argue our two biggest names purchased since Garry Cook left were De Bruyne and Sterling but based on the last few years you just know that Aguero’s successor is going to be some mid-range player who ends up struggling to get 15 goals a season.

This will upset some but we SHOULD be in for players like Sancho. His record at Dortmund is phenomenal. I don’t care about the past - let bygones be bygones. He’ll be a star in the top flight for the next 10 years when he comes back.

Don’t get me wrong I do think there are good deals to be had with lesser known talent, I just think you need a strong core of top class players and then you build around them.
Nailed, our recruitment in the last few years has been dreadful, sign average players you get an average team ....

When us City fans get defensive about how much money people say we have spent, we say look at the top 20 transfer fees paid.
This is telling and shows that we are not in for the very best but continually fritter big fees and wasters like Mendy, Rodri and Cancello.
The current transfer policy has been totally derailed by the Messi chase. We could have had another CH and LB in by now.

I have said this multiple times I will say it again. Our defence scouting team needs a wobble.
Can't they find a half decent player who does not cost more than 50 million and is not an absolute dud.
What was the fucking point of Cancelo or Danilo
Mendy and Stones are just abysmal. So much for a ball playing CB.
Look at Arsenal - Tierney from Celtic. Even their new CB - Who was suppose to be a replacement of KK - Gabriel
Liverpool - Robertson from a relegated side
Even fucking Brighton has a better fullback than us
And yes our style of play do leave us open a lot of times but that doesn't exonerate our players to get the basics right

They seem to think that paying big fees gets you a good player rather than doing good scouting. You can go back to players such as Mangala, Fernando, Garcia as well as current players like Cancelo and Rodri to show how poor the recruitment system is

Even Walker was a proven top level player and while he’s not perfect, he’s been a lot better than most of the players we’ve taken random punts on such as those listed below. Buying proven works in most cases.

They seem to think that paying big fees gets you a good player rather than doing good scouting. You can go back to players such as Mangala, Fernando, Garcia as well as current players like Cancelo and Rodri to show how poor the recruitment system is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.