Redcafe thread on Xavi Hernandez interview

Listening to people like Xavi explaining the game is why Pep hates the media circus & allows games to be forgotten & spend the week talking about milk & music.
I love listening to players like this talk about football & it improves every bodies game intelligence.
Pricks like Custis tell us we want scandal we'll he can fck off, if I wanted weekly soap operas I'd watch Coronation Street.

We should get this guy into the CFG family asap. Obviously he'd prefer to manage Barca some day but in the meantime...

Mods feel free to move this if not appropriate.
I don't know how to find the original interview but just noticed this transcript of an interview with Xavi posted by of their better posters.
The interview is a fascinating (to me anyway) Insight into some of Peps ideas as explained by one of his former lieutenants.

Oops forgot to add the link:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/insightful-interview-with-xavi-hernandez.435340/
Thanks for the link mate, really enjoyed that.

The cnuts at ragcafe do have a valid point. There is no single way of playing football. Even Pep realizes this and you can tell by the way he adapted to Bundesliga and now in the EPL.

I posted it originally for the interview ,rather than the reactions as there weren't any when I first looked.
Quite a few of the replies are interested and get it but there are some real sour grapes there as well. Pep and Xavi have certainly beaten them a few times over the years.

The cnuts at ragcafe do have a valid point. There is no single way of playing football. Even Pep realizes this and you can tell by the way he adapted to Bundesliga and now in the EPL.

Regarding the football and the way of playing under Pep's coaching.
The football he is demanding is very fluid and requires accurate quick passing coupled with the ability to switch play from one side of the field to the other in an instant.
Defence becomes attack, the goalkeeper is a fourth or even fifth defender and we defend from the front.
So fluid is the style of football that it is almost a firelike plasma.
I suggest that we give our stadium the nickname 'The Volcano'.
Appropriate in so many ways, simmering and bubbling away for years, slowly building pressure and now exploding with a magnificence that no one in the football world can ignore.
Etihad = The Volcano?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.