Redknapp will play Gomes

Marvin

There's no way Gomes will recover from a groin injury in 4 days, but what's the cost of him breaking down? Bringing on a sub, and using a sub against Burnley. No big deal. If it was mid-season I am sure he'd rest him, but there's no point now.

Still if he's carrying an injury, they might not want to slow the game down, and pass it around the back so much. Every time it gets passed back to the keeper you can see Tevez racing in to close him down.

In tonights free paper Bagpuss said Gomes trained today and King is desperate to play as well. Expect them both to be in the starting 11. Also said Crouch's mum is a blue but he's put her in with the away fans so she'll have to keep quiet!I have no doubt he has been saving Lennon for us as well.
I am getting more and more depressed as the hours go by.I can just see the headlines about money can't buy success etc. Dreading it TBH.

I've read that the likely lineup will be as such:

Gomes; Kaboul, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto; Bentley, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; Defoe, Crouch

Which looks 4-4-2 to me, which we can play against. If it were 4-5-1 I'd be slightly worried.

Gomes is pants. We need to shoot on sight if he's playing. He's bound to flap at one or two.

MCC said:
I hope he plays. He won`t be fully fit and that can only be to our advantage.

I concur.

A groin injury is a bad one for Keepers as you use it a lot for taking off quickly... At least it would be a sub used up if he starts and breaks down. We might see Crouchy in goal by the end!?

BTH said:
Gomes is pants. We need to shoot on sight if he's playing. He's bound to flap at one or two.

this has got to be a joke. the guy is in the form of his life at the minute,

warpig said:
BTH said:

this has got to be a joke. the guy is in the form of his life at the minute,
Everyone hit's top form, and everyone a keeper does they are 1 missed cross, one dropped save or one bad distribution away from losing confidence and falling to pieces.

James, Carson, Robinson etc have all done the same, it's always just a matter of time with a keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.