Redundancy query

With regards to redundancy pay, I know you get a weeks pay for every year you have been with employer. Do they also have to pay you all your remaining holiday pay aswell?

With regards to redundancy pay, I know you get a weeks pay for every year you have been with employer. Do they also have to pay you all your remaining holiday pay aswell?
All holiday pay owed up to the date you finish employment is paid as standard.

Do I have been there 7 years so that's 7 weeks. I have used 7 of my 28 days holiday so far this year
So if you were to finish at the end of May, you'd be owed 5/12ths of your 28 days = 11.66 days, minus 7 days you've taken = 4.66 days.
You won't get the full 28 days as you won't have worked the full year.

You could get offered more than 7 weeks, we did out a lot of redundancies last year as we were downsizing the UK operations and I we authorised to offer 60%+ a month's wages on top of what people were owed to get them to go voluntarily without a fuss. That's definitely on the generous side but you could be offered more.

You get a weeks pay if you are under 40 - for each year you are over 40 you get 1.5 weeks per year of service. You’ll get holiday pay up until your last day and for any period of notice - regardless of whether you work it. On the gym - if you really want out - get a letter from your GP saying you are ill - send that to the Gym Manager and they’ll let you cancel... no problem. Good luck. If you are likely to survive but be worse off, you may want to look for something else - in which case the redundancy pay might be a positive. What do you do?

I work in a foundry. We mainly supply the automotive industry so Brexit and the VW Diesel scandal is starting to take effect
You get a weeks pay if you are under 40 - for each year you are over 40 you get 1.5 weeks per year of service. You’ll get holiday pay up until your last day and for any period of notice - regardless of whether you work it. On the gym - if you really want out - get a letter from your GP saying you are ill - send that to the Gym Manager and they’ll let you cancel... no problem. Good luck. If you are likely to survive but be worse off, you may want to look for something else - in which case the redundancy pay might be a positive. What do you do?

Emailed gym and they responded saying I could cancel if I was made redundant, I relocated or if I was medically unfit.

If I dont lose my job I will be on reduced hours so I cant really afford it anyway.

Would the doctors route be worth doing? Obviously there is nothing medically wrong with me. Would I have to bullshit to a doctor or would they be sympathetic if I explained situation and make something up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.