Ref Dermot Gallagher Says Fergie tried to influence him

beano46

I can't see this a thread on this anywhere else sorry if it has been, this has just appeared on my FB page posted by a fellow Blue.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2553037/I-know-3-1-call-Former-ref-Gallagher-lifts-lid-Fergies-influence-referees.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... erees.html</a>

Last two line sums that up.....

"Years and years ago one of the referees had a heart monitor on during a match at Old Trafford,' he explained. They were assessing it and suddenly it jumped and went through the roof. They looked at the DVD and he’d just turned down a penalty in front of the Stretford End. The pressure is immense".

Whiskey-nose bullied his way to where they are now. And only now he's no longer managing will it (slowly) come to the media just how bad he actually was. Obviously most of them already knew it but no-one spoke openly about it as they know the consequences would be severe. I.E. Not being picked to ref at the swamp or as a journo being banned from the swamp.

It's plain to see now as Moyes isn't getting anywhere near the same sort of decisions that would go week in, week out under Whiskey-nose... why there not challenging for the title.

There are a number of reasons why United have gone backwards under Moyes: ageing squad, RVP playing when he feels
like it, etc. I do however think that the biggest single factor in their demise is the fact that they aren't getting all the
decisions this season. The year we won the league it felt like we were up against everybody: the FA in terms of
timing of fixtures, the media and of course the referees who gave United loads of cheap victories (penalties &
sending offs in the first 10 minutes for example). I think that this in turn affected us and led to our wobble after
Christmas. At the time I listened again to Rafa's rant and the situation facing Liverpool a couple of years earlier
was remarkably similar to what we were experiencing. I honestly think that maybe half the domestic trophies
that the GPC won were down to his intimidation of referees, the media and ultimately the FA. His unremarkable
European record suggests this to be true.

With respect as I,m a guest on your forum,but wasn't it only last few weeks when City had fairly controvertial decisions in their favour ,the difference is City are good enough to take advantage of those decisions.It may come a suprise to some of you ,but the majority of United supporters believe they got a raw deal both on the field and in the press,I believe that too.
Ferguson was a fantastic manager it goes without saying,any manager worth his salt would take every opportunity to gain an advantage for his side.
As for refs at OT over the years I have witnessed as many bad decisions as good ones,and it is true Moyes certainly hasn't had the rub of the green this season ,but what's goes around comes around ,no complaints.
In summary you need a side good enough to cope with the decisions,City have today,Utd havnt.

I honestly think that maybe half the domestic trophies
that the GPC won were down to his intimidation of referees, the media and ultimately the FA. His unremarkable
I've been saying exactly this for a long, long time. For the twenty-six years (and the amount of money he had at his disposal during this time) his record in Europe is pretty unremarkable.

KentBlue said:
I've been saying exactly this for a long, long time. For the twenty-six years (and the amount of money he had at his disposal during this time) his record in Europe is pretty unremarkable.

Piss poor is probabaly nearer the mark. One flukey win against Bayern when they should have been three down and a win over Chelsea on pens as Terry slipped. Throw in a couple of hammerings by Barca and there you have it.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
There are a number of reasons why United have gone backwards under Moyes: ageing squad, RVP playing when he feels
like it, etc. I do however think that the biggest single factor in their demise is the fact that they aren't getting all the
decisions this season. The year we won the league it felt like we were up against everybody: the FA in terms of
timing of fixtures, the media and of course the referees who gave United loads of cheap victories (penalties &
sending offs in the first 10 minutes for example). I think that this in turn affected us and led to our wobble after
Christmas. At the time I listened again to Rafa's rant and the situation facing Liverpool a couple of years earlier
was remarkably similar to what we were experiencing.
Liverpool would have won it that year if Rafa didn't lose his top and let Ferguson get to him. It became personal for Rafa and he fucked it. Mancini didn't let it affect him for example the home 1-0 against the rags where he gave it back and riled that pisscan. Then look at our end result to Liverpool's, we beat them to it; Liverpool did not.

if we listed every dodgy decsion the rags got, espeically when in the shit we could fill an entire seperate forum.

no bias? no agenda?

dont make me piss

de niro said:
if we listed every dodgy decsion the rags got, espeically when in the shit we could fill an entire seperate forum.

no bias? no agenda?

dont make me piss
Myth I,m afraid mate.Each to their own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.