Ref for Watford

Yer won't need a tin hat, BI. I agree wholeheartedly. We have had the worst batch of refs' performances, and lino performances, too, this season. Quite dreadful! The ref last night had an easy time and little to contend or arbitrate. At one point we had 74% of the possession but had also committed near on 60% of the fouls. Seems every tackle is called foul!

But many of them are fouls as we are prepared to go to the very edge to get the ball back as soon as we lose it. The opposition on the other hand are
normally content to drop back quickly when they lose it and most teams are happy to play us with only 25-30% of the ball.

Let's face it we could have had a lot worse than John Moss. There is not 1 ref in the prem. that has not got something against us. Now whether that comes from PGMOL or the rulers of the premier league that is anyone guess.

Father Paul because a player goes down every time he is tackled it doesn't mean that it is a foul. If that was the case we should be having at least 2/3 pens every game for us but that hasn't happened.

Father Paul because a player goes down every time he is tackled it doesn't mean that it is a foul. If that was the case we should be having at least 2/3 pens every game for us but that hasn't happened.

Off the top of my head, I reckon 75% of free kicks given by refs are based on whether the player hits the ground., even if, as Pulis remarked, there's not enough force to knock an old lady down. Notice how many 'grabs' of our players, grabs that just add enough imbalance to the move, that go unpunished because our man tries to carry on with the move. It's a tactic often employed in the CL. I christen it 'four pennorth on every tackle'!

The premier league are smacking their lips at a possible third or fourth place play off game therefore no decisions would surprise me this weekend.

The premier league are smacking their lips at a possible third or fourth place play off game therefore no decisions would surprise me this weekend.
It would set the precident for a 39th game played at a neural venue.

Liverpool v Arse in Beijing anybody?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.