Ref Watch

I've never particularly noticed Oliver to be smiley and engaging on the pitch, so don't see anything untoward. It's a strange thing to be nettled by.
I can't understand the stick he got/gets on here when he signalled that the Haaland header had crossed the line in the 6-3. What's he supposed to do; a Beagrie-style back flip? A Cahill-style sparring session with the corner flag?

He's one of those ref's who gives a lot of 50-50's the way of the opposition, and is certainly disproportionate in applying the LOTG... right up to the point we score a couple, and then he stops trying.
There used to be a lot of talk in the 50s of refs being 'homers'. We never seemed to get one, and over the last few seasons I've come to the conclusion that we get a lot of 'awayers'! When we seem to have the game sewn up we can have a player slammed onto the deck that jolts the ref into a simple arm wave and 'play on'; we breathe on an opposition player and there's an immediate free kick. It's not imagination, no blue tints to my prescription lenses, but there were at least two body slams at weekend that didn't register on Oliver's list of penal offences.

Anyway, he was fucked over by Howie Redshirt for not chalking off the perfectly legitimate second goal! No Christmas card coming from the Oliver household to Howie this year!

Hard to reconcile the VAR decision not to give Luton a pen for the Ward Prowse handball with the decision against Jack in the cup final.

Was never a pen, ball deflected on to his arm from close range. If that was given there would be more uproar.

Refs getting pelters for not smiling enough now?

Perhaps they should try to inject a bit of humour, like Mike Dean? Ah, yeah, he gets pelters too.

In fact no referee can actually do anything right in lots of football fans‘ eyes.

All objectivity goes through the window. There isn’t a single officiating discussion thread. Simply confirmation bias ones.

Perhaps we should hear more or how they make decisions? Yeah, but not 3 in the same show as that shows they’re highlighting how City get more decisions in their favour until the time we really need it.

It gets easier to understand when the realisation that fans don’t want explanations really, they just want to vent.

Spot on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.