Ref Watch

The most obvious thing about the 'penalty' is that Jota misses the ball with an attempted flick. That's the key to why it's no pen.

Knowing he's going to flick it, the keeper gets into position to save it, Jota loses control as he misses the flick, then as he tries to retrieve the ball he runs straight into the keeper.

He would never have kept the ball in anyway.

The only conceivable argument is they think he dummies the keeper into a foul. But it's absolutely clear that didn't happen to anyone who's played football at any level.
Jota does more than that. After he misses the attempted flick and the ball runs out of play he initiates contact by moving his right leg at right angles to connect with the keeper. Blatant cheating

Maybe I am a sad barsteward, well I know I am, but what I am seeing this afternoon, and indeed yesterday, is sickening, truly. Just feel betrayed by all of this. That was some goal by the Chelsea player by the way to make it 1-1, oh wait.

This weekend has shown us what we can expect over the coming weeks. Why that penalty was given could only be for one reason, to keep the season alive.

It's the lack of accountability and the fact that the on field referee is told to award the penalty, even though as he's stood there he must be thinking WTF and why are you asking me to do this? So how do the VAR team actually get something like today's decision so wrong? Do they have the audio from Sky or are they watching in silent slow motion? I'm not sure anyone in Britain other than the VAR guy thought that was a penalty and when that kind of mistaken decision making is coming the very process that was designed to stop mistakes then we have serious issues.

People who think there's a conspiracy need their heads checking. It's ineptitude and inconsistency, pure and simple

Are we forgetting that we've been on the right end of 50/50 decisions a few times this season? Just as recently as two games ago

People who think there's a conspiracy need their heads checking. It's ineptitude and inconsistency, pure and simple

Are we forgetting that we've been on the right end of 50/50 decisions a few times this season? Just as recently as two games ago

Out of interest, when else?

Against Arsenal, We got the better of one 50/50, the Arsenal penalty shout, we did not get the better of the the shirt pull, that was corrected on VAR.

Given that our first penalty of the season came in the third week of December, I’m intrigued by the other 50/50s because I personally can’t remember.

I’m not one for it being bent and I just believe they’re incompetent and shite.

Because of that, I’d love for referees and officials to be interviewed and mic’d up every game so we can hear what’s being said. What’s the issue with that? It’s not like they’re hiding anything and it’s not like it’s a new opinion.

Perhaps the goalie delivered more than the glancing blow suffered by Aymeric. What sort of conversations do these buffoons have before reaching their "decisions?"
Some twat on MOTD excused it as a glancing blow. Lineker had seen the pic of the glance yet did not have the balls to bring up that it was clear evidence of studs up and the location.
Vinnie was one of a few of ours who got a red when no contact at all was made.
Rules for some.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.