Referee advice

rushts

If Man is 5, and the Devil is 6, then God is 7.
My sons refereeing today and needs some clarification on the 'fore- arm smash', the problem is he has always deemed that as a bookable/ sending off offence. Now there was a game recently where this offence happened and the ref had a chat with the offendant then patted him on the back and taking no action. Has there recently been a rule change? I have told my lad if anything like this happens today when he refs the under 12's he should just do what his peers do and ignore it as I don't want him make any wrong decisions.
What do you think he should do?

No mate it is still technically an offence, however your son will have to take into account the colour of shirt the offender is wearing.

If the offending player is a "brand" or key to the marketing and money making appeal of a "brand" then he should do the decent thing and pretend it didn't happen, especially if he wishes to go far in is career.

On the other hand, if the offender is a nobody, he should immediately send him off but he should do so with style by running up to the offending player whilst thrusting his hand holding the red card up in front of the offending players face with a smug look on his face for added effect.

Hope that helps :-(

frasermcfc said:
No mate it is still technically an offence, however your son will have to take into account the colour of shirt the offender is wearing.

This.. also if there is a legbreaker of a tackle and the offenders wearing red, you have to take into account whether "tackling's not really his strong point is it" and if this is the case just have a quiet word whilst ruffling his hair, the cheeky scamp.

rushts said:
My sons refereeing today and needs some clarification on the 'fore- arm smash', the problem is he has always deemed that as a bookable/ sending off offence. Now there was a game recently where this offence happened and the ref had a chat with the offendant then patted him on the back and taking no action. Has there recently been a rule change? I have told my lad if anything like this happens today when he refs the under 12's he should just do what his peers do and ignore it as I don't want him make any wrong decisions.

he should send the offender off but before he does tell him to think on, he will not only have to give the money back he'll never ref at that level again.

lloydie said:
frasermcfc said:

This.. also if there is a legbreaker of a tackle and the offenders wearing red, you have to take into account whether "tackling's not really his strong point is it" and if this is the case just have a quiet word whilst ruffling his hair, the cheeky scamp.

Beautifully put.

I think I have a pathological hatred for the scum. I have been imagining scenarios in my head of scum players being involved in a Quentin Tarantino 'Hostel' type film situation. Is this healthy?

you have to blame clattenburg,the man who sent bellamy off for nothing then tells his linesmen he hates him, this man should never referee in the premiership again, if ever their was a case for corruption which we have all had a underlying belief then the sight of this cretin with his arm around the perpetrator tells it,s own story?

rushts said:

Hope that the forearm smashers are clad in scarlet and the FArce will think no more about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.