Referee Suspended For Forgetting His Coin.

The quotes from the refereeing boss almost sound like parody! What a ridiculous non-story...

Why do the powers that be seem to want to suck the fun out of football?
This was a minor incident and to be honest it brought a smile to my face. I can understand the womens game not allowing players to take their shirts off to celebrate a goal (but I admit I wouldn`t really mind) I can understand them trying to avoid over excited players celebrating too close to opposition players. But rock, paper, scissors was an inspired idea and the ref should be congratulated for bringing some fun to the crowd and no doubt the players too!

The FA's women's refereeing manager Joanna Stimpson said earlier this month: 'The referee forgot his coin and in that moment, in a TV game, he was really pushed for time, it was a moment of madness.

'He obviously thought it was the right thing to do, he probably walked away, or the second afterwards, thought it wasn't the right thing to do.

'It's not defendable. He should have been more prepared, he should have had a coin but he didn't. It was disappointing, it's not appropriate, it's very unprofessional.

'The laws of the game state you toss a coin. I can't think it's something we are going to ignore. He wasn't taking the mick out of the game, it was just a really poor decision.'

There is the dry arse who got him suspended.

Absolute bollocks.

Unless of course Kevin Friend is suspended too for gross negligence when he failed to send Jorgingo off for his "tackle".. But I won't hold my breath.

Zero accountability in officiating and then they do this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.