Referees’ Performances 2018/19

Effin ancient. I was there from 1969 until 1974.
Yes you young bastards, Just like City who DO have history there was life before 1999.
So...just before you left that particular education establishment....you learnt that utd were shit and not fit to be included in the elite of english football,.?
Who says that school doesnt teach you everything you need to know ; )

So...just before you left that particular education establishment....you learnt that utd were shit and not fit to be included in the elite of english football,.?
Who says that school doesnt teach you everything you need to know ; )

Oh yes, my mate was a Rag and after the match rang me up crying. I tried to console him by telling him that Denis was a Blue before he was a Rag. Denis Law was my absolute hero.

sure

the ref pleading to disallow the goal for an incredibly obvious non-offside is a more likely scenario

Referees, more noticeably over the last few seasons and more often than not at The Etihad, have not needed any excuse, reason or specific interpretation to shaft us. They have just bloody well gone and done it!

Perhaps he is getting slagged off for the way he reached the decision. Watch the goal again and you will see him draw a line high in the air as though signalling offside. This is at the same time as the lino is running back to the centre line. Surely a competent ref takes note of the two guys paid to help him. The linesman knew exactly what had happened and bearing in mind they speak to each all the time Dean must have known instantly that is was a good goal. So why did he stand there for ages as though he desperately didn't want to give it ?
Further, every Chelsea player knew what had happened and not one of them protested to the ref or the linesman about an offside. Dean is getting slagged off because he was the only person on that pitch that did not want to recognise a legitimate goal but was forced to.

He has to draw the line as impossible to hear the linesman due to the noise from the Family Stand.

Look, I'm the first to call out bent referees, Clattenburg, Walton. Taylor etc, but Dean is a tad eccentric and I really do believe he was just getting the linesman's view about Sergio being offside just as I, and many others, thought at the time.

There's simply no keeping up with this thread, but what I will say is that every single post from Dave Ewing's back 'eader carries with it all of the paranoia of RAWK at it's most full tilt, "everyone's out to get us" mawkishness. It's truly embarrassing to see this guy go into full on, official blaming, victimised meltdown as often as he does.

Oh yes, my mate was a Rag and after the match rang me up crying. I tried to console him by telling him that Denis was a Blue before he was a Rag. Denis Law was my absolute hero.
From what ive seen of Denis on old foofy footage,he was indeed a player.sharp,brave as fuck, would nip in and score headers fhat a man of his stature maybe ...wouldnt be expected to..a proper Scottish tigerish,fox in the box type,who held his own against men twice his size...
I have lots of respect for Denis; but for me....i,m happy that his career is perhaps remembered mostly... for the 6 goals he got at Luton 1961 fa chp 4th rd in the match abandoned, (and the solitary goal in the replayed match) and the Magnificent Backheeled goal against utd..an almost nonchalant fuck off utd to the 2nd Division " strike which,for any older reds reading this forum must accentuate the hurt even more.......and more,as the years go by..the "utd legend" was also responsible for relegating that shithouse of a club to a lower level.
Where they really belong....behind the hype,behind the fascade,thats what utd really are,and were reminded of last night by pogbas mates; )
And i know this point has no relevance to the refereers performance thread,im really really glad that utd have seen fit to extend the contract of phil jones...as Manfred Mann said........"Ha Ha said The Clown".

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.