Referees’ Performances 2018/19

I do NOT think it was a penalty, however we have been told before that it’s still a foul even if the defender plays the ball but then makes contact with the man, when the narrative suits.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the offside from a neutral angle, all the BT replays were at an angle that even if Aguero was level he would have looked offside. Even the lines they drew didn’t run parallel to the lines on the pitch which is what made me question whether it actually was. I have had a few sherbets though, so may well be talking absolute bollocks.

the funny thing is that if it was swansea that got these decisions against us, the whole footballing world would be lapping it up
Their pen was "stonewall" apparently, despite being incredibly similar to ours, but with a far more spectacular dive. Weird that doesn't get a mention. (I think both were pens tbh, but both involved minor contact after daft, unsuccessful lunges)

Their pen was "stonewall" apparently, despite being incredibly similar to ours, but with a far more spectacular dive. Weird that doesn't get a mention. (I think both were pens tbh, but both involved minor contact after daft, unsuccessful lunges)
theirs was an obvious pen=still think ours was but closer

theirs was an obvious pen=still think ours was but closer
I agree, but it was one of those that was a foul but also a dive. He plants both his feet and throws himself over Delph's stupid challenge, rather than actually getting tripped by the challenge, very over dramatic.

I found this one interesting:

Basically, the found that taekwondo fighters wearing red were more likely to win even though the colours are randomly assigned, and thought it must be something psychological about wearing red making you perform better. And then they digitally swapped the red and blue colours and showed the fights to some judges, and they still judged the red fighters to have won more often.

But obviously I can't think of any possible link to football refereeing whatsoever......

this is interesting

Such good viewing that - that type of open refereeing mic'ed up removes all doubt immediately and no matter who you are if you can understand where the referee is coming from 9 times out of 10 you'll accept it. Unfortunately that will never happen in our corrupt version of the game.

Such good viewing that - that type of open refereeing mic'ed up removes all doubt immediately and no matter who you are if you can understand where the referee is coming from 9 times out of 10 you'll accept it. Unfortunately that will never happen in our corrupt version of the game.
Does anyone remember Jack Taylor being miced up. Known as the the Wolverhampton Butcher he eventually reffed the World Cup final between West Germany and Holland.
Why the original experiment was abandoned I do not know but the story doing the rounds was because of the bad language of the players. I think the powers that be realised that the power would have been stripped from the men in black.

I found this one interesting:

Basically, the found that taekwondo fighters wearing red were more likely to win even though the colours are randomly assigned, and thought it must be something psychological about wearing red making you perform better. And then they digitally swapped the red and blue colours and showed the fights to some judges, and they still judged the red fighters to have won more often.

But obviously I can't think of any possible link to football refereeing whatsoever......

Ignore referees, perhaps there is something in that anyway. Look at the successful teams and there is only the odd one, Blackburn and Leeds spring to mind in (near) history. Chelsea obviously broke the mould and then we came along and ruined everything but, in our darkest days I often wondered if sky blue was just 'too soft'. mind you the devil doesn't wear Prada he wears red so perhaps it is more to do with cheating lying evil bastards...….. but I may be wrong.

Ignore referees, perhaps there is something in that anyway. Look at the successful teams and there is only the odd one, Blackburn and Leeds spring to mind in (near) history. Chelsea obviously broke the mould and then we came along and ruined everything but, in our darkest days I often wondered if sky blue was just 'too soft'. mind you the devil doesn't wear Prada he wears red so perhaps it is more to do with cheating lying evil bastards...….. but I may be wrong.
Well yeah, but Real Madrid and Juventus. And Leicester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.