Referees’ Performances 2018/19

Every bit as insightful as your post.

I don’t know if you pay to watch the referee but most people I know pay to go and watch the 22 footballers on the field play. An oft use phrase is the the best ref is one that is hardly seen.
You seem to be of the opinion the ref should be able to go anywhere and it’s up to the players to change the way they play to suit what the ref does. That is absolute tosh and your post was ridiculously stupid.

I've been there and done it (semi-pro level) so I do see things from a referees perspective sometimes. I watched the game, and hardly noticed the referee, so that meets your criteria of not attracting much attention to himself.

The referee does have to be on the pitch, and he has to patrol certain areas in relation to his linemen. Players know this and should be able to adapt.

I don't pay to watch the goal posts or the corner flags, but they are on the pitch too, and sometimes come into play. It's all part of the game.

I thought he gave them pretty much every 50/50 in the first half, but then he didn’t give the back pass against us when it was still 2-1, so overall no complaints.

Even when he's not reffing the game he still wants to be the story...

:D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.