Referees’ Performances 2018/19

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by journolud, 5 Aug 2018.

1. tonea2003

tonea2003

it would looked at as a matter of course and consequently ruled out, its a no brainer mate

SWP's back likes this.
  2. franksinatra

franksinatra

Oh I agree, the sooner the better for me. The technology is there so I do not understand the delay, besides maybe the FA saw how useless our refs utilised it in last years FA Cup.

3. Fame Monster

Fame Monster

City were robbed today but if VAR was in place, it would have ended up about 4-1. Sergio would have got a penalty he didn’t deserve, David Silva would have got a borderline penalty (that should have been given imo) and they would have invented another couple of pens to give somewhere along the way. Difficult result to take even though Wolves played well but I’d much rather football not turn into one big penalty shootout like the farcical World Cup.

4. tonea2003

tonea2003

not sure what you mean a pen he didn't deserve, it either it was or it wasn't

5. karen7

karen7

Sergio wouldn't have got a pen,probably booked,a good sort out of what is a pen and what isn't is long over due,if it leads to more pens then so be it,the players behaviour will change if they know every pen claim is reviewed as well

6. The slaughtered lamb

The slaughtered lamb

I agree, don't think it would have been referred. I didn't see the handball and it only became obvious after the replays. The disappointing thing about the linesman on their goal was that he didn't even have a word with the referee to see if the first player touched the ball (for offside).

7. simon23

simon23

the handball goal was a mistake....nothing to do with any perceived agenda. The players including Ederson barely appealed....it happens.

8. Young Blue

Young Blue

In my mind the game officials (Pigmol) like to "control the game" rather than have assistance of "correct decisions". Atkinson and gang again denying us the win VAR would have given us. It stinks!

mat likes this.
  9. Fame Monster

Fame Monster

It shouldn’t have been a penalty but the referee would have given it.

@karen7 I agree, the rules need to be sorted out: it’s not so much VAR as the quality of the refs. VAR can be great but when we get to a stage that set-pieces are scored from as much as goals from open play then something isn’t right.

10. tonea2003

tonea2003

it would be checked as a matter of course, pointless if you didn't, it only takes seconds as we saw today