Referees’ Performances 2018/19

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by journolud, 5 Aug 2018.

1. tonea2003

tonea2003

why would he?

2. karen7

karen7

It shouldn't matter if the players appealed or not,vinny did,the linesmans job is to closely watch what is going on,he had a great view,it's was obvious from his view,the standard of linesman in this league is dire overall,it shouldn't be swayed by players claiming,he must have seen it

flobo likes this.
  3. Young Blue

Young Blue

So it depends on how strongly the players appeal whether decisions are given?

Silva got a yellow card for appealing for a penalty when he was clipped. You could see the Wolves player apparently apologising to Silva after the incident.

Atkinson refused several stonewall penalties in the home derby last season, I wonder what Pep was saying to him at the final whistle.

SWP's back likes this.
  4. The slaughtered lamb

The slaughtered lamb

They check every goal even if it appears there was nothing wrong and no one appeals? Fair enough.

5. karen7

karen7

We are stuck with terrible officials so we should change what we have control over and get the decisions right

6. tonea2003

tonea2003

who checks every goal? first i've heard, that's the whole point of VAR, and no way is it fair enough

7. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

Tbf none of our players noticed it was a handball and they were a few yards away, That was an hard one for the official's to spot.
    As for the Silva pen I'd be fuckin gutted if that was the other way round, and the very people saying pen now would be saying no pen, I'm sure of it.

8. The slaughtered lamb

The slaughtered lamb

I wasn't being funny. Although I'm in favour of it, I'm just not sure var would necessarily iron out every injustice. Wouldn't have been surprised if the game had re-started today before anyone in the backroom realised a mistake had been made.

9. tonea2003

tonea2003

it would of ruled out that injustice and that is what it is needed for. the ref would not allow the game to start until it was checked

blue65 likes this.
  10. simon23

simon23

They sad the position of Mendy probably blocked the Lino's view....what im saying in regards to players appealing is that they were closer and if It was obvious they would have appealed so its understandable that the lino may have missed it.