Referees’ Performances 2018/19

So it depends on how strongly the players appeal whether decisions are given?

Silva got a yellow card for appealing for a penalty when he was clipped. You could see the Wolves player apparently apologising to Silva after the incident.

Atkinson refused several stonewall penalties in the home derby last season, I wonder what Pep was saying to him at the final whistle.

No what im saying is that if the players didn't appeal its because hey didn't spot it and if they didn't spot it then its understandable that the lino may have missed it.

This agenda talk is silly. Was the handball goal unfair? Of course, but not a single one of our players noticed and appealed to the ref.
The Silva penalty is a joke though yes

Yes lets have another thread highlighting our victim status and ignore Mendys blatant pen at Arsenal while you are at it.

If you are going to have such a thread can we at least start with a bit of honesty about decisions.
Piss off Frank.

Start your own thread if that’s what you want and think is needed. Or say we owed one for Mendy, if you think that was. But instead you come on like you always do saying it’s all in our heads. Well let’s see at the end of the season.

And in the meantime, if you can’t make your point without being offensive about it, maybe fuck off out of thread and stay out?

We are stuck with terrible officials so we should change what we have control over and get the decisions right

VAR doesn’t lead to decisions always being right though, we saw innumerable penalties given that weren’t pens and we saw, to a smaller degree, fouls not given as penalties.

VAR doesn’t lead to decisions always being right though, we saw innumerable penalties given that weren’t pens and we saw, to a smaller degree, fouls not given as penalties.

penalties can be sometimes subjective so i don't really have a beef if there is a doubt, but the wolves goal is as blatant as it could be if VAR was in place

Piss off Frank.

Start your own thread if that’s what you want and think is needed. Or say we owed one for Mendy, if you think that was. But instead you come on like you always do saying it’s all in our heads. Well let’s see at the end of the season.

And in the meantime, if you can’t make your point without being offensive about it, maybe fuck off out of thread and stay out?

Ha. Not a fucking chance, I will post on whichever thread I like until told otherwise by the Mods.

You post a thread, about swings and roundabouts of decisions, and yet blatantly ignore a decision which went in our favour. You probably cannot see the irony of your own post when moaning about an agenda.

So the Mendy foul was not a pen then and a decent number of city fans did not see a ‘blatant’ pen on Silva so at best its debateable.

Ha. Not a fucking chance, I will post on whichever thread I like until told otherwise by the Mods.

You post a thread, about swings and roundabouts of decisions, and yet blatantly ignore a decision which went in our favour. Your probably cannot see the irony of your own post when moaning about an agenda.
The thing is the pen on Silva is completely split on here. And the handball really is one of those that everyone needed a couple of looks to notice it. I still feel robbed, but it really was a hard one to spot in real time.

Scudamores pre season comments will influence referees... surely nobody can deny that

What he said was scandalous and City should have demanded he retracted his statement

The thing is the pen on Silva is completely split on here. And the handball really is one of those that everyone needed a couple of looks to notice it. I still feel robbed, but it really was a hard one to spot in real time.

The handball goal should have been disallowed but you cannot blame the ref for missing it, in fact it seemed all our players standing a yard or so missed it also. Silva, in game time, I thought was a pen but he appeared to catch his own foot in replays.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.