Referees’ Performances 2018/19

Contrary? Ive said all along it was a clear handball and should have been ruled out although I would dispute the likelihood of either the ref or lino seeing it in real time. Silvas I dont think was a pen, a view shared by many on here, so maybe those calling it a pen are being contrary. Anyway nothing more to add this evening. Anyway enjoy the debating guys, its not supposed to be an echo chamber but a place to share opinions.
As I said, he enjoys it. And there is nothing wrong with that. You need to have your facts straight - other teans fans will be harder on you.

Wouldn't have minded, but watch the replay with the linesman in the distance. His initial reaction says he knows something isn't right.

If he'd discussed it and came to the conclusion of a goal with the ref i wouldnt be as pissed but.......

I can excuse the ref and linesman not seeing the handball but him being offside was inexcusable for a top class official.

As for the Silva incident, it was a clear a penalty as you are ever likely to see. A clear shove in the back it is precisely why Silva complained so long and so voiciferously to get booked.

It's such a shame that so many blues seem to elicit their opinion from the biased pundits.

I would hazard there wasn't a single blue watching the game wasn't screaming for a penalty on Silva in real time.

La Liga use VAR, the Bundeslegue use VAR. I wonder the Premier League don't? Does it have anything to do with us not having officials good enough to go to the World Cup? Being shown up for the rubbish they are?

Just watched the highlights and, for what it's worth, it didn't look like Atkinson got much wrong apart from the handball obviously. We didn't have too dissimilar view to the linesman (who for probably the only time in the game had actually kept up with play) and we didn't see it in real time. Silva's probably wasn't a pen but I'm not sure quite how Atkinson could tell, it was a clumsy and reckless challenge inside the box and, imo, Atkinson called it right more by good luck than good judgement. Sergio opened up the old "there was contact" debate again, personally I'm in the 'he could've stayed on his feet' camp so no penalty for me.

Just watched the highlights and, for what it's worth, it didn't look like Atkinson got much wrong apart from the handball obviously. We didn't have too dissimilar view to the linesman (who for probably the only time in the game had actually kept up with play) and we didn't see it in real time. Silva's probably wasn't a pen but I'm not sure quite how Atkinson could tell, it was a clumsy and reckless challenge inside the box and, imo, Atkinson called it right more by good luck than good judgement. Sergio opened up the old "there was contact" debate again, personally I'm in the 'he could've stayed on his feet' camp so no penalty for me.

The problem with 'highlights' is that they only show you what they want to show you.

I can excuse the ref and linesman not seeing the handball but him being offside was inexcusable for a top class official.

As for the Silva incident, it was a clear a penalty as you are ever likely to see. A clear shove in the back it is precisely why Silva complained so long and so voiciferously to get booked.

It's such a shame that so many blues seem to elicit their opinion from the biased pundits.

I would hazard there wasn't a single blue watching the game wasn't screaming for a penalty on Silva in real time.

I think you give blues to little credit there. My initial reaction was it was a penalty at the time, which is normal during the course of a match, but with the benefit of slo-mos, different tv angles etc I am now not convinced, and I would imagine that is the reason others have reached this opinion and is nothing to do with being influenced by pundits. Its difficult to criticise the ref for not giving it if even on a City forum people cannot agree if it was a pen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.