Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good indicator of the dross that officiate that in almost every game they have got big decision wrong, massively wrong. One week in and they look worse than last season.

Chelsea seem non to happy with Pawson but whilst not seeing the 90 mins looking at the two red cards they can have little to woman about.

Sideshow Bob should have been sent off as well!
I watched the Chelsea Burnley game and the ref made two errors
Not sending off Luiz and the award of a free kick from which Burnley hit the post

Last year was a complete farce concerning ref bias and decisions (easily a dozen Stonewall penalties not given in our favor, and several non-penalties given against us). None of them were particularly well documented in one location/thread.

I figured it would be good to start one thread to track all of them this year, so at the end of the season a montage can be created. I will try to update this thread and include anything I miss that is mentioned by others.

Saturday's match went well for us, and it ended up being a fairly comfortable win, but two decisions stood out, so there is going to still be a problem I fear.

Brighton (A) 12/8/17:

Against:
-Silva level, but ruled offside, and the whistle blew no earlier than Jesus tapping the ball into the goal.

-Dunk blatant handball, moving his right arm to block the ball a few yards inside the area. The player was several yards away from where the shot was taken. Decision waved away, but it's a clear penalty.

For:
No match changing decisions went in our favor.
Worth mentioning too that Oliver had a superb view of the handball so it was quite clearly a bent decision - he could take a couple of seconds to think about how far away the shot was taken from and then give it. Cheating cûnt.

Worth mentioning too that Oliver had a superb view of the handball so it was quite clearly a bent decision - he could take a couple of seconds to think about how far away the shot was taken from and then give it. Cheating cûnt.

Id like to have a word with him about the handballs in the game first I'd say you made a great decision with the Jesus handball and then ask him about the Brighton player hand ball in the box and say you had a great view of it why was that decision not handball? Just to see how he responds to the question but suppose if Pep tried to confront Oliver And ask in a civil manner the same question he would just tell him to go away! These referees need to be accounted for with there decisions.

Twattenberg was on Talkshite earlier encouraging refs not to send of players. I wonder which team would benefit from that the most....?

Statistics - Brighton 8 fouls, no yellows; City 6 fouls 2 yellows. Possession Brighton bugger all, City three times as much as them.

Brighton weren’t dirty, and I wouldn’t have said any of their fouls deserved a yellow card. I thought the Jesus caution was wrong, but the second caution was for a cynical foul that stopped an attack, and well deserved. I don’t think Oliver can be criticised too much here.

The handball by Dunk was an obvious penalty though, and highlights showed Oliver had a clear view of it. For him to deem that as unintentional is a very interesting interpretation. Time will tell if Oliver is consistent with this interpretation.

The Jesus handball came as the ball ricocheted off his chest, under challenge from their goalkeeper, and amidst a collision. How this was seen as deliberate and the Dunk handball accidental is pretty mind-boggling.

They're already at it. As soon as Chelsea won the league last season everything they'd previously got away with they were now getting punished for, and more. Will be interesting to see how much Spurs and Rags get away with today, as that will tell us who the PL have decided will be our rivals this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.