Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having gone back and re-watched the stoppage time period, if you take out the time spend with the manager's arguing with the 4th official which the ref goes over to sort out, the time that Afobe is down after his collision with Kompany and the time spent celebrating (up to the point of the kick-off) of the winner, you get 5 minutes exactly.

Begovic complaining about adding time on........fucking seriously?
Somebody should show him all the dead ball kicks he took and ask him to explain why each one took him so long. Perhaps also explain why the referee had to give him the hurry up or else, at least 4 times. Maybe their players in injury time either being injured or faking injury to use up time. Finally perhaps acknowledge his manager admitted asking them to ahemmm make it "bitty" on purpose to kill the game.
Live by the sword die by the sword - but don't fucking complain about it like a mard arse when yo get your trousers pulled down.

Also just before that foul he's refering to there is wild lunge on Sterling Mike Dean plays advantage till we lose the ball. Begovic was taking the piss with his Goal Kicks all game, he's lucky he didn't get a yellow.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...egovic-bournemouth-manchester-city-refereeing

Couldn't see any thread about this (maybe it's buried in another thread, in which case, just add this to that thread), but thought it deserved comment.

Basically, Begovic thinks that all the big teams get favorable refereeing decisions, and then specifically complains about Dean letting play go beyond the 5 added minutes on Saturday, and also giving fouls against Bournemouth, but not against us (!).

Clearly that's not the opinion of many on here, who are more inclined to believe there's a League and PiGMOL agenda against us (with some justification as a well as probably a little bias). It's certainly true that most fans think that more decisions go against them than for them, but this added time thing ought to be addressed by the media every time it comes up so that fans and apparently players as well, can be less ignorant of the rules. On Saturday, Bournemouth had an injured player during the minimum 5 minutes of added time, and it took 1.5 minutes from stopping play to starting again. Then there was a substitution, for which refs are supposed to add 30 seconds. So without even worrying about time-wasting tactics of players (like Begovic himself), that means 7 minutes total. And we scored before the end of that time - end of story. This was nothing like "Fergie Time" when the extra minutes were iffy at best.
The ref was still talking to Pep and Howe when stoppage time began, the board went up 45 seconds late itself and play didn't resume until 91:05mins, then Afobé went down injured and they subbed him off which wasted almost 2minutes alone... that's 98mins minimum without looking at Begovic and his team mates time wasting.

They even thought the tackle on Otamendi was a clean one when a) He wrapped his leg around to get the ball b) There were two fouls before that as well(how many chances do they think is fair that a ref should give them in one passage of play?), Daniels kicked out at Dinho after a coming together(which should have been a yellow) and Arter fouled Sterling getting nowhere near the ball scything him down(could have been a second yellow possibly).

Last edited:
I didn't see him complaining about referees when he was with Chelsea at Etihad last season.

Ref watch so far this season has been worrying to say the least........I am especially depressed about Deans performance as he was a ref that I had down as fair in the past
Got to agree it is very worrying, we are in for a torid season again with the officials, who are not even hiding the fact they have it in for us.
Still fuming about last years FA cup semi final but I think that standard of bias against us will be the norm now. Is football fixed? Difficult to argue against though I am sure some guys will.

Got to agree it is very worrying, we are in for a torid season again with the officials, who are not even hiding the fact they have it in for us.
Still fuming about last years FA cup semi final but I think that standard of bias against us will be the norm now. Is football fixed? Difficult to argue against though I am sure some guys will.
That semi was almost the final nail I was so close to giving it all up after 47 years of going. In fact if I'd had to renew any earlier than I did I'd not have bothered.

So far this season I feel ripped off by the Everton game (only one I've attended) and pissed off by the 2 aways.

Last season the refs potentially did us out of a league/cup double with Chelsea/Arsenal I really fear history will repeat itself and I'll be out.

All this talk by them, picked up and showcased by the media, about the added time, makes it sound like they were hard done by and the ref was biased to us, and we all know that was not the case. For fans of other teams they will simply watch the highlights on MOTD where it was edited to cut out all the dodgy decisions, see 2 of their players mouthing off about the added time and think we had the ref on our side. Where is the media asking the same players about time wasting, about why Bournemouth were squeaky clean in the first 2 games and resorted to thuggery against us (knowing they can get away with it v us), why the ref failed to send off 2 of their players, about time wasting etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.