Referees/Officials

Christ. There is NOT a massive conspiracy against City regarding referees. However, I do believe that there is a subconscious bias with a lot referees who are in a charge of City games. Coupled in with the fact that pretty much all of them are extremely incompetent.

I am not sure it was that clear cut. I think it was one which could be argued either way. But anyway it went in our favour and not worth further debating as it will only sidetrack the thread
It's worth debating if you're trying to argue it was contentious. The only people who could possibly think it was anything other than a great tackle are those who's argument is helped by it and those who want to court a bit of controversy like the papers and tv stations.

Christ. There is NOT a massive conspiracy against City regarding referees. However, I do believe that there is a subconscious bias with a lot referees who are in a charge of City games. Coupled in with the fact that pretty much all of them are extremely incompetent.

I largely agree, in particular I think there is a clear subconscious bias against Sterling.

Well I for one am pleased that it's not a conspiracy but just down to refs not liking us and subconsciously making sure we get hard done by week by week...

Easier to see players position on a pitch than a ball in the air relationship with a line on the ground from a non perfect position. I'm not having it. There is no excuse for making that decision. Bent. Bent. Bent.
Exactly this, no way he can tell if the ball was out as it was up as high as the cross bar at its furthest distance, so the lino had nothing to compare whether it was in or out. Therefore he said it was without knowing.

Bravo's tackle was controversial alright. The granny shagger had already got away with five bad tackles himself by then.

We said at the time it was not a red, Bravo jumped in the air then slid and executed a perfect one footed sliding challenge with inside of his foot.
m9ohvl.jpg

At moment of impact which player is most 2 footed, has both feet off the ground, is out of control ?

I largely agree, in particular I think there is a clear subconscious bias against Sterling.
I think this could well be right. Where I sit, whenever he gets fouled, he's told to get up, be stronger and to stop diving. You then watch MOTD and see he was fouled after all. My point being, if many City fans have a subconscious bias against the lad, why be surprised that other people do?

Could not agree more. I told everyone in work the same and the people I spoke to thought the same also.

My only point, and this is my only point, was to inchy14 who claimed a controversial decision had never gone our way this year. I said that was blinkered and if we claim that it dilutes the valid argument as we just look like biased/partisan football fans.
But both of those decisions are barely that controversial and, more importantly, in the same games multiple other poor decisions went against us.
Utd - stonewall penalty on Aguero, Rooney avoids 5 bookings during the game, Koloriv loses 3 teeth from a forearm smash from the Turnip.
Arse offside (Only offside by mm if you measure offside from the point there is daylight between Silva's boot and ball - the rules clearly indicate offside should be measured from the point the ball is kicked - which is when momentum is imparted into the ball (max boot indentation) between 2 or 4 frames earlier 80ms to 160ms earlier dependant on speed of pass). Well aside from this there are the two penalty appeals that were turned down - for a deliberate block on Silva and a trip on Sterling.
Don't even get me started on how the definition of a foul is different for City players.
Statistically is no longer bad luck, as it is systematic. We are being dicked over week after week after week by the officials. There are two possibilities. The refs are under instruction or they're on the take. Both are corruption.

Last edited:
I've written this for Unibet. Genuinely not the suspicious sort but even I'm smelling a rat now.

http://bet.unibet.co.uk/football/pr...loss-faith-officials-should-be-concern-us-all
Firstly a great article as usual.
I think anyone who has any doubt about whether it is bent only needs to look at this.
I was directly in line with the Walker push on Raheem and it was blatant. As clear as a sunny day. There is absolutely no way on God's earth he didn't see it.
Then comes Sunday and fucking Stevie Wonder suddenly develops Superman's x ray vision and spots the ball going out by a millimetre.
Sorry if it looks like shit and smells like shit, it's shit.
There is no other explanation except corruption. It cannot be argued and I cannot understand how people cannot see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.