Refreshing Change

Lordeffingham

Brilliant result at Newcastle, but not close to brilliant performance by some players, though it was obviously a good team display.

What is so different from this forum of 3 months ago, is the fact that players like Yaya in particular, would have been slagged off to some tune by those always too quick to judge, and though he was only reasonable yesterday, he this time, has not recieved the almost obligatory beasting from those who suggested he was crap, slow, useless and other derogatory descriptions, whilst he was finding his feet and adapting to the Premiership. This seems to suggest maybe a little progress in our supporters understanding.

It at least goes to show that, many of those half wits, with little understanding or appreciation of the time it takes for even great players to adapt to our league, have started to heed the advice I along with many others have been advocating for months.

Argueably our best 3 players in terms of long term value and absolute brilliance in their respective positions have to be Kompany, De Jong and Silva, and all three have been at the wrong end of ridicule and abuse from bluemooners, which at the respective times has almost bordered on character assasination and hatred.

Why so many seem so unappreciative of the patience required, is beyond me, and yet I've also seen a list of useless no-marks given so much time and support it beggers belief, Petrov, Jo, Samaras, Adebayor, Bridge, RSC and others have all been allowed at least a full season of playing like donkeys, before they have been recognised for what they are, and still are held in really high esteem by people on here, it's a sad reflection in all honesty.

Balotelli has hardly even arrived and he has been lambasted and ridiculed, Yaya had less than 2 months under his belt and was being criticised to death, Kolarov has become the most recent example, why should these three not be afforded at least 12 months to settle before the typical berating starts, is to me a mystery. If Mancini and the European press have so much faith in Balo, why can't we hold our tongues and give the guy the time he deserves, he like Yaya will become yet another City great given a little time and understanding.

We will win the Premier league, maybe this year, maybe next, but there is no doubt in another six months we will be good enough to garauntee a top four finish year after year and for a long time to come, so stop moaning and criticising the artist (Mancini) before his masterpiece is complete, and instead appreciate his work in progress, before standing back and drooling at the finished article.

It's not a coincidence that we lost without De Jong and got back to winning ways on his return. He's more than just a stopper.

Lordeffingham said:
Brilliant result at Newcastle, but not close to brilliant performance by some players, though it was obviously a good team display.

What is so different from this forum of 3 months ago, is the fact that players like Yaya in particular, would have been slagged off to some tune by those always too quick to judge, and though he was only reasonable yesterday, he this time, has not recieved the almost obligatory beasting from those who suggested he was crap, slow, useless and other derogatory descriptions, whilst he was finding his feet and adapting to the Premiership. This seems to suggest maybe a little progress in our supporters understanding.

It at least goes to show that, many of those half wits, with little understanding or appreciation of the time it takes for even great players to adapt to our league, have started to heed the advice I along with many others have been advocating for months.

Argueably our best 3 players in terms of long term value and absolute brilliance in their respective positions have to be Kompany, De Jong and Silva, and all three have been at the wrong end of ridicule and abuse from bluemooners, which at the respective times has almost bordered on character assasination and hatred.
Why so many seem so unappreciative of the patience required, is beyond me, and yet I've also seen a list of useless no-marks given so much time and support it beggers belief, Petrov, Jo, Samaras, Adebayor, Bridge, RSC and others have all been allowed at least a full season of playing like donkeys, before they have been recognised for what they are, and still are held in really high esteem by people on here, it's a sad reflection in all honesty.

Balotelli has hardly even arrived and he has been lambasted and ridiculed, Yaya had less than 2 months under his belt and was being criticised to death, Kolarov has become the most recent example, why should these three not be afforded at least 12 months to settle before the typical berating starts, is to me a mystery. If Mancini and the European press have so much faith in Balo, why can't we hold our tongues and give the guy the time he deserves, he like Yaya will become yet another City great given a little time and understanding.

We will win the Premier league, maybe this year, maybe next, but there is no doubt in another six months we will be good enough to garauntee a top four finish year after year and for a long time to come, so stop moaning and criticising the artist (Mancini) before his masterpiece is complete, and instead appreciate his work in progress, before standing back and drooling at the finished article.

IMO I would also have included Zabaleta,but overall a well constructed article.

Moaning seems to be some peoples favourite passtime, just gonna ignore and enjoy watching the best City side of my lifetime.

There is a Bluemoon rising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.