Regrouping of singers within the stadium

blue roo said:
cleavers said:
city-till-i-cry said:
I think for a better atmosphere we need to sing songs for longer aswell.
That is a fundamental problem with our singers in my opinion.

How about everybody learns the second verse of Blue Moon , instead of the song dying out early or repeating the first verse. The dippers do it well with YNWA to be honest.

Have you been a blue long?

These are 2 genuine questions.

1 ). How many will the South Stand hold when we are up and running in August.?.

2 ). When we play cup games will the whole of the home support have to move ? - and where to?.-

A huge thanks to everyone who has been involved in organising this - I don't post often but wanted to register my thanks. Getting really excited about next season now as me and the kids (aged 13 and 10) have decided to move with the singers from the family stand. I know this will mean an extra £250 per season but for the extra atmosphere the £13 a game is well worth it. I've also looked at it as a long term investment getting the chance to move to the best part of the ground where my kids can keep their seats for many years to come.

Will I be receiving notification of the move or do I need to register the move myself?

Thanks again!

Is anyone having the same thought as me that with the cheaper tickets and the bulk of the away fans been in South Stand Level 3 the atmosphere will shift to up there.

I sit south stand level 1 block 116 but with away fans been moved I will no longer be near them and I enjoy been close to them for the atmosphere etc but I am going to try relocate to level 3.

Hopefully this will mean we will have a full south stand making noise but could it mean majority will come from the new level 3.

MCFCRICH said:
Is anyone having the same thought as me that with the cheaper tickets and the bulk of the away fans been in South Stand Level 3 the atmosphere will shift to up there.

I sit south stand level 1 block 116 but with away fans been moved I will no longer be near them and I enjoy been close to them for the atmosphere etc but I am going to try relocate to level 3.

Hopefully this will mean we will have a full south stand making noise but could it mean majority will come from the new level 3.

I see what you mean, I guess there will always be a shift around of fans that want to sing near away support or look at cheaper options for seats, some may do this so end up in the third tier. The plus on this would be that singing can start catching on eventually from 1st / 2nd / 3rd tier so create a fortress. Also people leaving 116 or 117 to go in the third tier creates space for more singers to go in the seats in 116 / 117 that are created. Its well known now that its encouraged as a singing / atmosphere end in the SS so people moving there are less likely to sit down or not want to sing at all.

There will still be pitch side away fans to have the banter with although reduced quite a lot. There will be more noise coming from 115 as its now full of supporters wanting to sing regardless of away fans, so its going to make things louder. This should spread and maybe in time create a big end behind the goals singing. And not forgetting 110 / kippax corner. So if singing and banter with away fans is preferred I think 115 will still be the place to be even with reduced away support.

I know fans like banter with away supporters, I dont mind less of them near us though, i tend to sing in pride of being a blue even if 3 nil down.

Im looking forward to next season in 115, should be great. Also some great positive posts on BM.

didsburyblu said:
Have we got confirmation yet were not gonna be moved for the cup games. I've heard the plan is away fans in level 3 but heard nothing definite on that

Still nothing yet about away fans... Third tier for them in cup games would be best but can see police not liking that.. If they give away fans tier one & two then that leaves same issue as city fans looking down on them...

mancityvstoke said:
blue roo said:
cleavers said:

How about everybody learns the second verse of Blue Moon , instead of the song dying out early or repeating the first verse. The dippers do it well with YNWA to be honest.

Have you been a blue long?

Probably a lot longer than you mate , first game was when Johnny Crossan was captain. And you?
Anyway , I'm not sure what you are getting at , care to explain?

Compulsive Rambler said:
cleavers said:
city-till-i-cry said:
I think for a better atmosphere we need to sing songs for longer aswell.

I think it's not just the length of a song... We can potentially sing our songs for longer but we don't.
Why?
Because we no longer have the passion to cheer the team. as the success has appeared our expectations has also and we now sit back and expect a positive result.
Give us a few seasons of winning F* all and the stadium will be bouncing again, with success hungry fans singing for 90mins.

There are other factors such as over-policing/stewarding (being told to sit in 109 as an example) and many people who would sing in a public place are priced out of the stadium.... Replaced by a much more middleclass fanbase who are more reserved and less likely to scream and shout in public places.

Hopefully this singing section will be the motivation, allowing people to relax and feel comfortable in singing amongst likeminded people.
However my cynical side just thinks it might be an opportunity for the club to divide the fans even more and if the atmosphere doesn't improve, the club knock the singing section on it's head, replaced by much more expensive seats (with tourist buyers)
You hit the nail on the head there mate, the working class 'blokes' that were happy too sing all game on the condition of a couple of halfs maybe, have been replaced by the socially awkward, middle class prawn sandwich eating brigades that dont put their ipads down all game. Sad but true, this isnt just us though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.