Regrouping of singers within the stadium

Over the last few years some friends and I have attended many domestic league matches in a number of countries e.g. Germany, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Czech Republic. I just have some observations.

Without exception the atmosphere at these games has been great regardless of the size of the crowd. The atmosphere has been created almost exclusively by home fans located behind one of the goals with in most cases little involvement in singing/chanting from the rest of the home support. In most cases the away support has been pitiful when compared to what Premier League teams would get. I have seen less than 20 away supporters at a couple of games.

The difference I have seen at these games compared to City and most other Premier League clubs (apart from Palace maybe) is that the noise is incessant for the 90 minutes. In almost all cases there was at least one "cheerleader" i.e. a nutter, often with a megaphone, who had his back to the pitch pretty much the entire game orchestrating the singing/chanting. It was mentioned earlier in the thread that we don't have enough songs at City or that they are not sung for long enough. I think when you look at these foreign supporters however, the amount of singing they do is actually not that great. A lot of the support is more in the way of chanting which is done in a deep guttural tone which is both very impressive (in my view) and slightly intimidating. You just don't get that type of chanting at English grounds. I suspect it is a cultural thing but in my view it would be great if the new "singing" section developed some good guttural chants (and maybe a nutter with a megaphone) .

blue roo said:
mancityvstoke said:
blue roo said:
How about everybody learns the second verse of Blue Moon , instead of the song dying out early or repeating the first verse. The dippers do it well with YNWA to be honest.

Have you been a blue long?

Probably a lot longer than you mate , first game was when Johnny Crossan was captain. And you?
Anyway , I'm not sure what you are getting at , care to explain?

Happy to try and help clarify but no interest in joining in the sniping, I think he may be alluding to the fact that the first verse of Bluemoon has always been repeated since day one ?

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
blue roo said:
mancityvstoke said:
Have you been a blue long?

Probably a lot longer than you mate , first game was when Johnny Crossan was captain. And you?
Anyway , I'm not sure what you are getting at , care to explain?

Happy to try and help clarify but no interest in joining in the sniping, I think he may be alluding to the fact that the first verse of Bluemoon has always been repeated since day one ?

Correct for top blue points..

By the way Skippy.......no one is a topper blue than me pal

You saw me standing alone..................no chance the full song would ever be sang by City

Gray said:
LoveCity said:
AFAIK (I don't represent 1894 but am moving and have followed the progress) there is no difference except this block-and-a-half has been targeted specifically at active singers who want to improve the terrible atmosphere. Problem with the singing blocks right now is they're badly watered down by people who don't sing! So I guess the difference is 114/115 will have people desperate/wanting to sing and improve the atmosphere here and now. And hopefully there will be a knock-on effect throughout the South Stand if 114/115 can sing persistently.

Second the question from the previous page - should we expect contact from the club soon about where we're sitting?
I personally know the lad tasked by the 1894 group to sort out the relocation of fans wishing to join this group.

I can assure you that he is meticulous and has a comprehensive file on the matter. He was delayed somewhat by the Club as the half section of block 114 was not approved until recently.

He has now allocated seating for all those who responded to the 1894 group and has done a brilliant job of placing everybody as near as possible to their preferred location.

The amount of time and effort he has put into this is astounding and I for one wish the scheme every success.

If you are one of these people do not worry if the Club renewal shows your old seat, just get in touch with the 1894 group who will let you know your new seat location.

Myself and a fair few others I know in SS117 have registered and received the 1894 email about moving. We are assuming/hoping to be at or around the same kind of height level as current and have taken a bit of a leap of faith.
That said, i just wanted to echo the thanks to those that organised this. Having seen the new seating plans it can only help the noise levels. We have been complaining for 12 years now we don't have a proper home end. Looks like we now almost have. Thanks to 1894 for getting of their backsides and actually doing something. I really hope you have had the levels of support and faith in numbers you deserve.

I see 119 in the South stand where i stand/sit appears to come under the singing section. I hope someone has told some of the living dead in that area some of whom hardly utter a peep all match unless it is to mutter disapprovingly at somebody who does lol!

paulchapo said:
I see 119 in the South stand where i stand/sit appears to come under the singing section. I hope someone has told some of the living dead in that area some of whom hardly utter a peep all match unless it is to mutter disapprovingly at somebody who does lol!

yeah mate it's going to be interesting to see what happens with all this moving about .......more joining in I hope.

mancityvstoke said:
paulchapo said:

yeah mate it's going to be interesting to see what happens with all this moving about .......more joining in I hope.

Hopefully. I don't know how it got this bad really. The end of terracing, people being able to decide on the spur of the moment to jump on a bus and pay in, the mixing of kids, loonies and women/grannies together all contributed.

paulchapo said:
mancityvstoke said:
paulchapo said:

Hopefully. I don't know how it got this bad really. The end of terracing, people being able to decide on the spur of the moment to jump on a bus and pay in, the mixing of kids, loonies and women/grannies together all contributed.

exactly.....The (old) Kippax was really the only place where it got mad in a lot of games. Some games were dead even then.

The equation would be :

Standing terraces + pay cash on the turnstile + big game = great atmosphere.

Although all ticket derby or cup games were mental too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.