Regrouping of singers within the stadium

there is still a good number of seats available in 115 and 114 bottom rows .. approx first 8 rows..

still a chance to move there for fans that missed out and want to get involved next season

jrb said:
I appreciate this may stick in some throats, so apologies in advance.

Opposite the away end is United's new singing section.(flags, banners, etc) European Capital Of Trophies?

And one when the teams were shaking hands.

Why post them?

jrb said:
LoveCity said:
What % of a block does 570 fans fill? Question being will the seats not taken up be given to anyone, putting the block at risk of being watered down some like the 'singing section' has been? Hopefully there is a window to let more fans in who want to sing.

That's my concern.

Guessing. Half of block 114 and the whole of block 115 equates to about 750 seats.(roughly) That's why I was really happy about the initial figures/uptake(700+) as that would have filled both blocks. But only 570 odd got back to 1894, which would equate to the whole of 115, or half of 115 and half of 114. That would mean one of two things, rightly or wrongly. The singers will only fill 115, with 114 being taken up by new fans who will be next to the away fans and probably won't sing much(not ideal), or 114 will be full, but only half of 115 will be full with the singers being split over 2 blocks. Not ideal again. We need the singers together. I appreciate it's early doors and others will follow once everything is up and running, but we could end up with a watered down and fragmented singing section to start off with. Can anyone from 1894 shed any light on the seating plans, or is that not for the public domain just yet? Perhaps another window of opportunity nearer the start of next season would be worth considering, so both blocks are definitely full of singers for the new season.

Th seats are marketed as singing section and there will still be fans making their move not with the 1894 group who will want to play a part in these sections. For example me and my dad have both moved to block 115, row M from 110 and we are not part of the 1894 group (yet). So I firmly believe that if the group kicks off the move with a great atmosphere for the first few games then momentum will push the section into the level of atmosphere we want.

Personally I would suggest big displays consistently for the first 3 home games that would look impressive and rally start the section off with buzz.

What do you guys think?

Sloppyjoshua said:
jrb said:
LoveCity said:
What % of a block does 570 fans fill? Question being will the seats not taken up be given to anyone, putting the block at risk of being watered down some like the 'singing section' has been? Hopefully there is a window to let more fans in who want to sing.

That's my concern.

Guessing. Half of block 114 and the whole of block 115 equates to about 750 seats.(roughly) That's why I was really happy about the initial figures/uptake(700+) as that would have filled both blocks. But only 570 odd got back to 1894, which would equate to the whole of 115, or half of 115 and half of 114. That would mean one of two things, rightly or wrongly. The singers will only fill 115, with 114 being taken up by new fans who will be next to the away fans and probably won't sing much(not ideal), or 114 will be full, but only half of 115 will be full with the singers being split over 2 blocks. Not ideal again. We need the singers together. I appreciate it's early doors and others will follow once everything is up and running, but we could end up with a watered down and fragmented singing section to start off with. Can anyone from 1894 shed any light on the seating plans, or is that not for the public domain just yet? Perhaps another window of opportunity nearer the start of next season would be worth considering, so both blocks are definitely full of singers for the new season.

Th seats are marketed as singing section and there will still be fans making their move not with the 1894 group who will want to play a part in these sections. For example me and my dad have both moved to block 115, row M from 110 and we are not part of the 1894 group (yet). So I firmly believe that if the group kicks off the move with a great atmosphere for the first few games then momentum will push the section into the level of atmosphere we want.

Personally I would suggest big displays consistently for the first 3 home games that would look impressive and rally start the section off with buzz.

What do you guys think?

well our 3 vocal voices in 114 will be making it noisy and I would hope any non 1894 movers will join in with us .
btw what the split of 1894 group between 115 /114

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Sloppyjoshua said:
jrb said:
That's my concern.

What do you guys think?

well our 3 vocal voices in 114 will be making it noisy and I would hope any non 1894 movers will join in with us .
btw what the split of 1894 group between 115 /114

1894 Group has split singers between 115 and the available seats in 114, and left only the front rows available (approx 8 / 10 rows), this way there won't be any day-tripper in 114.. Atmosphere generated in 115 could easily spread towards 114, 111 and of course 116, 117, 118, 119...

You lads in the 1894 Group have done a fantastic job and have worked very hard to get to this position, I really hope and I think it will make a huge difference to the atmosphere next season at home. The fact that you have a full block of singers may not sound like a huge amount of people but 500-600 people all singing can make a fair din, plus as someone else mentioned, it should encourage the people around this block to join in too.
Really looking forward to 1st home game next season and hearing the results of all your hard work...kudos

Well, today's game proves that a singing section is desperately needed.. Good initiative from the 1894 Group.

For those of you moving to the new singing section.

Went for a mooch at half-time.

Block 115 with a few West Ham fans in it.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/dLequmn.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/HsPIT3q.jpg[/bigimg]

These 2 pictures show what a difference it will make having 115 and half of 114 as City blocks next season.
The away fans are going to be squeezed.
Take a quarter of those West Ham fans out of the 2nd picture picture, and that gives you a very good idea of how many away fans will be in the lower tier next season, with two noisy singing sections either side of them.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/VVWTR9f.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/PiRbZkv.jpg[/bigimg]

The view from 116, next to 115 to the right.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/aBThVSk.jpg[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.