Regulation of social and digital media

Bar my contrary rambling last night a real answer is that we probably cannot regulate it unless censorship is involved.

And then who decides what is censoredand what is acceptable?

As long as poster abide by the law and the site in paticulars rules then on any social media be it a forum, twitter, FB youtube etc then freedom of espession and thought should be allowed

Much as social media is a platform for nasty cowardly bullies, it is also a platform for the permanently outraged and offended to virtue signal. Both extremes act in their own way to stifle debate and make people scared to express an opinion or idea that is not part of one herd/tribe or the other. In effect, between the nutters and the snowflakes the internet is pretty much policing itself in a shitty way. I've noticed this week loads of people on FB posting shit about 'being kind' and 'mending each others gowns' - it seems to be the same cunts that post some filtered pic of themselves every 5 minutes fishing for 'likes'. In a way I'm looking forward to the next few decades as the FB generation start getting alzheimers/dementia, lose inhibition and start saying what they actually think.

Yep.

Less regulation is better.

Except in very extreme circumstances, as long as the block button is there, Twitter and Facebook should not be policing speech.

Much as social media is a platform for nasty cowardly bullies, it is also a platform for the permanently outraged and offended to virtue signal. Both extremes act in their own way to stifle debate and make people scared to express an opinion or idea that is not part of one herd/tribe or the other. In effect, between the nutters and the snowflakes the internet is pretty much policing itself in a shitty way. I've noticed this week loads of people on FB posting shit about 'being kind' and 'mending each others gowns' - it seems to be the same cunts that post some filtered pic of themselves every 5 minutes fishing for 'likes'. In a way I'm looking forward to the next few decades as the FB generation start getting alzheimers/dementia, lose inhibition and start saying what they actually think.

Face book is already being left behind by younger people in favour of things like tik tok, and then many leaving it or no longer using it as they did.

Add to that since it has come about over 30M of it's users have died off in that time

Bar my contrary rambling last night a real answer is that we probably cannot regulate it unless censorship is involved.

And then who decides what is censoredand what is acceptable?

As long as poster abide by the law and the site in paticulars rules then on any social media be it a forum, twitter, FB youtube etc then freedom of espession and thought should be allowed
Antifas are usually the ones who want to be the regulators. They can’t stand that people have an opinion, on anything, unless it’s the same warped opinion they have.

They’re a dangerous group though, so shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near it.

cheerful.

It is true though, social media evolves, remember friends e-united and myspace were seen as pioneers at the time but FB blew them away, and the same thing is hapoening to that, though at a slower rate.

I know a few who have left facebook or don't go on it anymore, myself included, but unlike those other two I ementioned FB evolves, buying instagram and whatsapp has helped it imho.

Face book is already being left behind by younger people in favour of things like tik tok, and then many leaving it or no longer using it as they did.

Add to that since it has come about over 30M of it's users have died off in that time
I don't really 'use' FB. It's just like its predecessor friends reunited - a good way to keep in touch with people from your past that you are slightly interested in, but can't be arsed seeing or speaking to.

Antifas are usually the ones who want to be the regulators. They can’t stand that people have an opinion, on anything, unless it’s the same warped opinion they have.

They’re a dangerous group though, so shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near it.
Neither should the alt-right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.