Reina for Bravo?

Thing is mate, Bravo has proven himself to he a good shot stopper at Sociedad which earned him his move to Barca, he proved it at Barca with a 78% save rate over his two seasons there. He does it consistently well for Chile too.

Granted his shot stopping was well below par at City last season but that doesn't equate to Pep not valuing that attribute in his keepers.

Well what I would say is that you do make quite a lot of good points there. Thus while my issues with Bravo (especially his consistancy) do still remain considering his record at City, I am am now willing to give Bravo another chance for City this season* to see if can repeat those sorts of performances in the EPL. Because let me tell you something, if we are aiming for a Treble/Quadruple next season (as we should be doing in any future season from now on) then we are going to Bravo for a lot of the games we will have to play to win all 3/4 of those trophies/titles.

*To be fair, I did admit in a previous post that I was perhaps being harsh on him though.

Granted his shot stopping was well below par at City last season but that doesn't equate to Pep not valuing that attribute in his keepers.

I did not suggest that Pep does not taking shot-stopping seriously (I apologise if I gave such an impression), I mean his ideal goalkeeper is Neuer FFS, who is someone who does both roles very well. The point I was trying to make was that not every GK is able to do both roles to a WC standard and thus if you can't find someone who can do both roles to that standard, you then need to decide which role matters more when it comes to picking the right players for that role.

Hopefully in Ederson and Bravo he has found the sort of players who can do both roles to a good standard and quite frankly our season would depend on such gambles pulling off.

Think he's referring to young Red Nose, not yourself!

In which case I would like to apologise to @ganganvince that mistake.

Well it depends on what you rate more out of a Goalkeeper in Pep's team. If you rate being the 11th outfield player more than saving goals then I suppose Bravo is better than Schmeichel in this reguard (although not Lloris). If on the other hand you rate saving goals more than being the 11th outfield player (which is how look at things) then Schmeichel is better than Bravo.

Long story short, I prefer Schmeichel because he is good at saving goals and better than most at being a sweeper keeper wherehas Bravo is not very good (or at least not good enough) at saving goals and is rather good as a sweeper keeper.
Bravo is an excellent shot stopper and fits our system perfectly. He hasn't shown this last season, but it is definitely in his locker. I for one believe Pep will be using him plenty next season

Bravo is an excellent shot stopper and fits our system perfectly. He hasn't shown this last season, but it is definitely in his locker. I for one believe Pep will be using him plenty next season
Hmmmm, 'bravo is an excellent shot stopper'.... I'll have to disagree until such times that he shows otherwise which hopefully he will do next season. Last season almost every shot on target resulted in a goal. It was bordering on laughable at times.

Hmmmm, 'bravo is an excellent shot stopper'.... I'll have to disagree until such times that he shows otherwise which hopefully he will do next season. Last season almost every shot on target resulted in a goal. It was bordering on laughable at times.
Well, he is, there is no doubt.
I agree he has to show it in Blue, but I have watched enough of him previously to see that he is more than capable. Let's hope as you say, he shows it next season

No doubting Bravo needs to rediscover his form in a City shirt. But Schmeichel is nothing more than an average keeper

I would say above average but apart from that I would agree with this point.

As some have said, there's a reason Bravo has had a much better career than Lloris or Schmeichel, he's just yet to show it at City.

No doubt he was rather good for Barcelona, it was more of a question about if he was able to translate it to being good for City. It has not happened yet of course but considering his record elsewhere and the fact he has only been here for 1 season, I am willing to give him another chance.

One day he may.

For City's sake, may that day come sooner rather than later.

But he was a very good keeper, still is, there's nothing to say a replacement won't suffer the same dip in form.

That is why I wanted to get a keeper who actually has some experence in the PL (to replace Bravo) so that (like Bravo has had to do the hard) they don't have to spend a lot of time getting used to playing in such a league.

I'm sure Schmeichel's form would be considerably worse without 4 defenders and a def mid sat just outside his box all game

I would say the same for any keeper would struggle with the sort of defence City had last season. That is why we need to heavily invest in getting the right FB's, CB's and CDM's (for both a Starting 11 and a Second 11) in front of whoever is in goal next season.

What gives me hope for Bravo, his failings in England are things he's previously been pretty good at. Mainly shot stopping. That was/is normally his stregnth, along with sweeping.
Fingers crossed we see the real Bravo.

Well I hope your hunch about Bravo is right and I would be very happy to be proven wrong about Bravo by the end of next season. Because for our clubs/next seasons sake, he needs to be at his best.

Like I said, considering his previous record and the fact he has only played one season in the PL. I am willing to give him another chance next season. Likewise considering the amount of games (especially difficult ones) and fixture congestion City would have to face to win a Treble/Quadruple then City are going to need to play Bravo in a lot of games next season. After all it is virtually impossible for a Goalkeeper to play 50-60 games to a high standard every single season, no matter how good they are.

I saw somewhere on Twitter that the idea was to sign Reina for Girona, not City

With the purpose of bypassing both the 25 player squad limit and the "Foreign Players" quota perhaps?

I think the was talking about his record at Real Sociedad, Barcelona and Chile more than his record (so far) at City.

I would say above average but apart from that I would agree with this point.

No doubt he was rather good for Barcelona, it was more of a question about if he was able to translate it to being good for City. It has not happened yet of course but considering his record elsehwhere and the fact he has only been here for 1 season, I am willing to give him another chance.

For City's sake, may that day come sooner rather than later.

That is why I wanted to get a keeper who actually has some experence in the PL so that (like Bravo has had to do the hard) they don't have to spend a lot of time getting used to playing in such a league.

I would say the same for any keeper would struggle with the sort of defence City had last season. That is why we need to heavily invest in getting the right FB's, CB's and CDM's (for both a Starting 11 and a Second 11) in front of whoever is in goal next season.

Well I hope your hunch about Bravo is right and I would be very happy to be proven wrong about Bravo by the end of next season. Because for our clubs/next seasons sake, he needs to be at his best.

Like I said, considering his previous record and the fact he has only played one season in the PL. I am willing to give him another chance next season. Likewise considering the amount of games (especially difficult ones) and fixture congestion City would have to face to win a Treble/Quadruple then we are going to have to Bravo play a lot of games next season. After all it is virtually impossible for a Goalkeeper to play 50-60 games to a high standard every single season, no matter how good they are.

With the purpose of bypassing both the 25 player squad limit and the "Foreign Players" quota perhaps?

I'm sure he will be delighted that you are willing to give him a stay of execution

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.