Relaxing. Can you do it ?

rushts

If Man is 5, and the Devil is 6, then God is 7.
Been gardening last 3 days ( whilst doing 3 night shifts). Got 3 days off now, just sat here in the garden with a jd but can't really chill. Same as when I'm on holiday, I always say that I'm going to lie there chilling/drinking/ sunbathing, doing bugger all but just sit there irritable and bored shitless.

How the f@ck do you just sit there and relax?

rushts said:

Dont people have different ways to relax?

For me, if i have had a long day, its sit with a cuppa and read my book for a couple of hours. My minds elsewhere and im relaxed afterwards. This also works by taking my paper and doing the crossword ina quiet corner of the pub over a couple of beers.

I cant just sit and do nothing ;)

I'm on my first night off after doing nights, currently sat out in the garden just had a bbq, and now doing fuck all with a can of strongbow and weighing up having a gin and tonic, so yeah I can relax and be a lazy shit ha. Enjoy it

Rascal is right, relaxing is different things for different people. I can't just sit and do absolutely nothing, especially if I know that there's something I should be doing but I can easily relax as long as I've got something to keep my mind gently ticking over. Watching test cricket or chatting over a bottle of wine in the garden would do it today.

Rascal said:
rushts said:

Dont people have different ways to relax?

For me, if i have had a long day, its sit with a cuppa and read my book for a couple of hours. My minds elsewhere and im relaxed afterwards. This also works by taking my paper and doing the crossword ina quiet corner of the pub over a couple of beers.

I cant just sit and do nothing ;)

Agree with that Rasc I can't sit there idle either I have to read or do a puzzle or be on here. Don't know how people just sit and listen to music either always have to do something else too

I remember when I travelled around Oz for a year, I could spend 2 hours lying down in a park staring at the clouds feeling totally relaxed. Nowadays I can't do it, I just think about work, childcare etc. Once you get responsibilities it's much harder to 'relax', without a few beers anyway.

bluegirl74 said:
Rascal is right, relaxing is different things for different people. I can't just sit and do absolutely nothing, especially if I know that there's something I should be doing but I can easily relax as long as I've got something to keep my mind gently ticking over. Watching test cricket or chatting over a bottle of wine in the garden would do it today.

Absolutely this, I'm watching the test match, whilst on here, some people count that as doing nothing. I think its perfect way to relax. I cant sit by a pool all day on holiday, it does my head in, I tend to read whilst others sun bathe, I can only do that for a while before i'm off exploring the place I'm staying in (scouting for a bar with the cricket or footy on being a priority) but also seeing more of where I am staying once the essentials are sorted ;-)

I'm one of these that can just sit outside on a nice day,close my eyes, and chill. Also do it with the burner pretty often . Get it lit, beer by my side, expel a beep breath and I'm chilled for the night.

Sad that so many of us are dependent on other things such as Alcohol to relax...

I'll have a drink at the football and that but to relax I prefer Meditating or a nice country walk :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.