Relegation threatened teams 2016/17

If someone did a snap response answer thing and said 'Sunderland' to me, i would say 'top fans' largely for the way they reacted to the utd players when we won it in 2012. Their reaction absolutely had some effect on the sense of 'fuck off utd'.
Dead Right.
I've watched the u tube Sunderland fan footage from that match and it gave a warm feeling inside to hear the Mackems taunt utd about their lost title
They are top fans,as shown at Maine Road in the late 80s,last day of the season relegation cliff hanger,virtually the whole of Sunderland came to our place,Mackems everywhere,Platt Lane end full.Kippax in top voice and Marco Gabbiadini scores with a full length diving header in front of their lot.ended up 4-3 ..I think White scored the winner
But great support that day from Sunderland.Maine Road was bouncing...so yes, hope they stay Up!

Totally agree! Even though they used to always beat us 1-0 around Christmas time after we battered them all game I love their fans. They were brilliant at Wembley even though they hadn't won anything since 1973, top notch. I will always have a soft spot for them, in spite of Moyes.

Ditto mate. The moment I saw a small group of about 4 or 5 City fans applaud our coach as it departed I got a nice feeling. I was gutted but that made everything ok again.

Of us down there I hope at least the biggest loss to the PL will be us. That would be some consolation. I don't think sadly there is a team more likely to go down than us. All of those above us who are in trouble have gotten better and got results. But maybe time away will be good for rebuilding and in a few seasons we will be in better shape, even by a little, than what we are now.

Also I'll never forget them giving it to the rags when they thought they had won the League, but didn't

Yep. For that alone they should stay in the Prem. Anyone who takes the piss out of the rags is definitely a friend in my book (unless it's the rags themselves taking the piss out of the rags - I will never have a swamp-dwelling friend. It's just not ethical).

Ditto mate. The moment I saw a small group of about 4 or 5 City fans applaud our coach as it departed I got a nice feeling. I was gutted but that made everything ok again.

Of us down there I hope at least the biggest loss to the PL will be us. That would be some consolation. I don't think sadly there is a team more likely to go down than us. All of those above us who are in trouble have gotten better and got results. But maybe time away will be good for rebuilding and in a few seasons we will be in better shape, even by a little, than what we are now.

The atmosphere and friendship was good all day and it never wavered. I am old enough to remember your lot winning that cup against Leeds, you knocked us out along the way. I was at the home game which you drew but couldn't get in as I had no ticket and I couldn't afford the touts prices, I was only 15 at the time so not much brass lol. I was dancing along with Stokoe in the house when the final whistle went it was a great story.

I hope you stay up but it is looking a long shot, as you say the others down there seem to have improved a bit. Good luck.....after Sunday of course!

I watched Sunderland V Southampton and they were awful, I don't think there is much hope of them staying up

I said Bournemouth would go down on day one, that is looking increasingly likely

Hull have probably left it too late but who knows the levels of shitness 'Boro and Palace could stoop to

Dead Right.
I've watched the u tube Sunderland fan footage from that match and it gave a warm feeling inside to hear the Mackems taunt utd about their lost title
They are top fans,as shown at Maine Road in the late 80s,last day of the season relegation cliff hanger,virtually the whole of Sunderland came to our place,Mackems everywhere,Platt Lane end full.Kippax in top voice and Marco Gabbiadini scores with a full length diving header in front of their lot.ended up 4-3 ..I think White scored the winner
But great support that day from Sunderland.Maine Road was bouncing...so yes, hope they stay Up!

I was at that match and it was memorable but the score was 3-2 (Quinn 2, White for City, Gabbiadini and Benett for Sunderland). It was a great match with a great atmosphere and I have had a soft spot for the Mackems since. I had a girlfriend from there whilst at Uni - love the accent (on a girl). Hope we leather them tomorrow though. I think they are down but would be happy if they do what Newcastle look like doing and bounce back whilst playing some great stuff. Some of my best memories are from our promotion seasons - it does not hurt too much if you bounce back first time.

Pep put the nail in place above our coffin beating us 2-0, but Dyche could hammer it in. Lose to them (Burnley) and we could be only staying up in name. We can consider Sunderland down. We could be 9+ points adrift of 17th place come 5 pm Saturday.

Despite the Hull win yesterday, they'll do well to finish 17th. Looking increasingly likely it'll be a hat-trick of NE Teams going down.

Swansea will be worried if Llorente doesn't get fit soon - they have no other decent striker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.