Remembering Colin Bell

The King.

Boxing day always makes me remember the greatest atmosphere and occasion I have witnessed in my time supporting this club.

26th December 1977 was simply incredible, emotional, triumphant and made me realise how lucky I am to support this club.

RIP THE KING, we will never forget.

The biggest reason I chose City as a little kid over 50 years ago, biggest regret I have, I’ve never been one to be overawed by famous people, never really got all that shit tbh, but I took his autobiography down into Stockport many years ago where he was doing a book signing, and I just stood there in awe outside looking through the window at him, I still don’t know to this day what happened and why I didn’t go in, but I’m happy to leave it at just thinking the only person who ever had me starstruck, was The King.
R.I.P Colin.

Still just about the best player I have ever seen play for city (sorry david) he had everything,
My dad always used to say he couldnt choose between Peter Doherty & Colin Bell.

On New Years Eve,the BBC did a slot on people who had passed on during the year,actors,politicians etc.
When it came to sport,not one word about Colin.

On New Years Eve,the BBC did a slot on people who had passed on during the year,actors,politicians etc.
When it came to sport,not one word about Colin.

That's odd because he was in the SPOTY remembrance they played during the program.

Sadly a famous sportsperson dies almost every day. inevitably in a minute long recap of everyone to die from sport, entertainment, politics, academia etc. not everyone is going to fit into every list and they tend to always weight it towards the end of the year IMO.

I thought the general reaction to Colin's death was respectful from the media and brilliant from the club.

I think the whole thing effected Gundogan as well. As I remember it, it was around this time that his form really took off and he met with Jon Bell and the family and seemed to really care about wearing #8.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.