Remembering Swales

True. But also true that Francis Lee was,is,and forever will be an utter wanker of a man.

God we’ve had some shit running our club over the years.

Look at us now though. Wouldn’t swap it for the world. All the pain just made this joy all the sweeter.

Yeah he let his ego runaway with him for sure. I think he believed he could do whatever he wanted as no supporter would ever question him. I also think he underestimated how bad shape the club was in what was needed to put it right. The handling of Colin Bell was a disgrace for sure.

Like you say though all worth it in the end!! I can't ever see us being in such a dire situation again - let's hope we create a legacy for future generations!

This all day.

But as others have said, his replacement was no better. I had the "mis"fortune to be a professional advisor to FHL (not in respect of City, other ventures) and I was as excited as a kid at Christmas to meet him, asked to head up the team working on the project. He proved beyond doubt that that meeting your hero is the worst thing you can experience. The advice I gave him made him an amount of money beyond most people's expectations but he never bothered to learn my name, preferring to call me "love" and then quibbled my fee - cheap mysoginist bastard.

That doesn’t surprise but Franny did and still does have plenty of credit in the bank as he was a great City player, ‘Wiggy’ was a cretin who did little or next to nothing positive.

To my mind, Franny made one great mistake and that was to bring in his pal Ball. Other than that, I think he was let down by his consortium partners who vanished like apparitions once the takeover was completed. Maybe they saw the books that Swales did his best to hide and thus got out before they got dragged into the mire.

Peter_Swales_Mug__35970.1469109366.1280.1280.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.