Remembering the Inflatable Banana craze / Stoke Boxing Day fancy dress party

A midweek game at West Brom away had Frankenstein v Tyrannosaurus Rex with Blues baying for a "fight fight fight.....".
Kevin Cummins had Frankenstein
And during the game a paddling pool appeared with a kid in it!
Amazing days when what was happening on the pitch was secondary to what was happening on the terraces.

Went to Watford away and my.mate had a 6 foot inflatable Killer Whale. Couldn't get it through the turnstiles! Hilarious scene as stewards on the outside pushed and stewards on the inside pulled!
Luckily for my mate, Alan Potter turned up moments later and he also couldn't fit through the turnstiles and had to be let in via the exit gate - my mate nipped through with him and his Killer Whale!
That West Brom away game was brilliant for the inflatables battles on the terrace. Pity Brian Gayle lost a high ball in the floodlights!

I drove to most away games that season with my banana belted up in the back seat with a scarf around it - always got a few puzzled looks from other drivers on the motorway. I'd say there were more laughs that season than any other in my 55 years following City, and we got promoted too.

spoke to a couple of others and we can add a 4ft champagne bottle, a pink panther ("borrowed" from stoke fans) a golf club and a crocodile

thinking back it was funny, remember an away fan cheering when they scored once and he just got bananerded (yes I know it's not a word) - funnier than the scouse fan a few seasons later who just got battered

remember getting searched once and they had them all lined up, used to take me the first 15 mins to get them blown up

Wow, that's a reminder of just how bad we were. Good job we had fun anyway.
That was the team that made me fall in love with City - a fantastic season full of highs and lows with promotion achieved at the death.

On inflatables I had a banana, a pink Pterodactyl and a large crocodile - happy days

That was the team that made me fall in love with City - a fantastic season full of highs and lows with promotion achieved at the death.

On inflatables I had a banana, a pink Pterodactyl and a large crocodile - happy days
I started watching city in 1974 when we were pretty damn good and I carried on supporting them through all the shit times and now we are one of the best teams in the world. Unbelievable!

I have enjoyed all the highs and probably more so the lows.

I was merely pointing out that the football on the pitch on that particular day was shite. IMHO.

We are unbelievably spoilt now watching the best football that this country, possibly the world has ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.