Remembering the Inflatable Banana craze / Stoke Boxing Day fancy dress party

tlmsosi said:
I was that copper,honestly what a great day.Got a few kicks of City fans but it was all in a good cause

Yes, Tommy, we know it was you!

I now cannot get the image of the unspeakable things your truncheon did to a blow-up doll out of my head. But you were a good sport. Rabbis, Arabs and Nazis all with bananas! Don't think it would be appropriate now though.

coleridge said:
tlmsosi said:
I was that copper,honestly what a great day.Got a few kicks of City fans but it was all in a good cause

Yes, Tommy, we know it was you!

I now cannot get the image of the unspeakable things your truncheon did to a blow-up doll out of my head. But you were a good sport. Rabbis, Arabs and Nazis all with bananas! Don't think it would be appropriate now though.

For those that haven't seen it, the photo that is now missing from the first page is of two nazis and a cowboy...
Photobucket don't seem to think that is appropriate so i'll try and host it elsewhere ;) - Done

I remember going to Ipswich away in 88 when Paddling Pool had a scrap with Frankenstein. Those really were the days!
A midweek game at West Brom away had Frankenstein v Tyrannosaurus Rex with Blues baying for a "fight fight fight.....".
Kevin Cummins had Frankenstein
And during the game a paddling pool appeared with a kid in it!
Amazing days when what was happening on the pitch was secondary to what was happening on the terraces.

Went to Watford away and my.mate had a 6 foot inflatable Killer Whale. Couldn't get it through the turnstiles! Hilarious scene as stewards on the outside pushed and stewards on the inside pulled!
Luckily for my mate, Alan Potter turned up moments later and he also couldn't fit through the turnstiles and had to be let in via the exit gate - my mate nipped through with him and his Killer Whale!

Last edited:
I had my banana all season, I remember when we played oldham away and we had half the ground and the city end was awash with bananas everywhere.
My banana met it's maker at Blackburn away, me and a mate was bopping eachother and mine burst, was gutted.
Beat 4-0 and my banana went to banana heaven. :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.