Remembering the Inflatable Banana craze / Stoke Boxing Day fancy dress party

tonytowers said:
i was there with our kid,how many blues? 10 thousand???
ps.i was next to prince charles who happened to be with the blackley crew.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:16 pm --<br /><br />
lancs blue said:
tonytowers said:
i was there with our kid,how many blues? 10 thousand???

Around 12,000 I think.
12 it was!

I was there with my mate and our Dads, think they were leathered! Got a taxi from Alty for 20 quid, I wa about 11 at the time.... remember everyone in fancy dress and getting legged down the streets after by some Stokies...can't look my Dad in the eye since - shitbag ;-)

I have just shown the pics to Howard Yeats and Charlie and they are gobsmacked!!!! As I have only known Howards for about five years I cannot beleive he was that young once jajajajajaj (think even he had trouble recognising himself and certainly Charlie is still not sure if its him or not!!!!!!!!

Its uncanny coz we are here in sunny Spain an d i just found this post with them both here in my shop. Small world or what.

I was behind the goal in the family stand that day.

The year before I was in the stand at the side of the pitch.

whats going on in pic 3, the coppers getting his baton touched up!!

chinesedave said:
lancs blue said:
Around 12,000 I think.

Yes, you brought 12,000 out of a 24,000 crowd.

Ace photos...but one question...what was the score again?...

3-1....that big stump Dave Bamber got a couple for you lot if I remember correctly....I guess you knew the score though!

Great days, I was there with three mates though oddly I can't remember who one of them was. Yeah, the result was shit, but it was an experience that will always live with me, and I doubt we shall see anything like it again. Different world. As far away from now as crowds wearing flat caps and waving football rattles.

Sky Blue said:
chinesedave said:
Yes, you brought 12,000 out of a 24,000 crowd.

Ace photos...but one question...what was the score again?...

3-1....that big stump Dave Bamber got a couple for you lot if I remember correctly....I guess you knew the score though!

And Gleghorn netted for you IIRC...he went on to become a real hero at Stoke, netting our promotion clinching goal when we were in Div 3 in 93/94.

ps I remember that big red inflatable parrot like it was yesterday...great times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.