Remembering Yaya!

We've been over this a million times, it's boring. I expect a bare minimum in terms of effort and work rate, others are happy as long as he runs past 3 players and bangs one in the top corner every so often. You'll never convince me just like I'll never convince you, we hold different values on what is important.

Put it this way, we wouldn’t have won what we did under Mancini and Pellegrini without Yaya in the side.

how we forget fab player but wasnt always on it and spent a few games lazily hovering around the midfiekd

That’s entirely the point ‘a FEW games lazily hovering around’

Fuck me.....even Messi and Ronaldo have off days.

Maybe he played in the wrong colour shirt...had an immense season in 2014, although Suarez had a great season that year (remember the tears at Palace) i believe the awards are voted before the season ends so when the club prizes are won the vote os already cast. At least Yaya won the league and league cup that year.
Most definitely deserved the POTY award that season, it's probably the single best season we've seen from any individual player but our players are judged differently.
Put it this way, we wouldn’t have won what we did under Mancini and Pellegrini without Yaya in the side.
It's strange because I thought we had won trophies before him and after him. Trophies aren't won by individuals, they're won by teams.

Most definitely deserved the POTY award that season, it's probably the single best season we've seen from any individual player but our players are judged differently.

It's strange because I thought we had won trophies before him and after him. Trophies aren't won by individuals, they're won by teams.

Correct and Yaya was instrumental to the way that team played. An incredible player before age set in and one of the best to ever wear the shirt.

Correct and Yaya was instrumental to the way that team played. An incredible player before age set in and one of the best to ever wear the shirt.
Instrumental both positively and negatively; in attack, defence and transition.

I hate what Yaya did to the club in the end but lately I been watching him back playing for City and he's been totally underrated by this country, how he didnt win a national player award I dont know

To be fair the only season he could have won it was 13/14 and Suarez was also absolutely incredible that season. I get why we think the world is against us and it happens too many times to be a coincidence. However, if you look at the 4 years we’ve won the league there has been a player who has been unbelievable for another team. Where we’ve had great teams with lots of big contributions.

how we forget fab player but wasnt always on it and spent a few games lazily hovering around the midfiekd
It was only the last 18 months when his legs had gone. I prefer to think of him at his peak when he was the best midfielder we have ever had in my opinion of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.