Remembering Yaya!

Watched an interview on Bein sport this week .
He came across he loved his time at City and loves the football we play and why he stays at City for longer than any club he played for.
Said it was very interesting times and loved the banter and work a great squad

We have guys who can play like Merlin. Dias has taken up the mantle for the defense, and winter will see a legit striker to fill the hole left by Kun. The one guy we can't replace is Yaya. There was only one Yaya and so far I haven't seen another.

On his day/at his peak, he’s been the best player I’ve seen at City. Others will have had more of an impact over a longer period and the carry on with his agent was out of line. However, when we hear the term ‘unplayable’, Yaya at his absolute best is the prime example of that. He had absolutely everything, strange to say he should have achieved more.

Last edited:
His long passes and ball control, the goal he scored against Aston Villa at home with defenders running after him.

I suspect if it hadn’t been for the nonsense that happened because of his agent he would be regarded as being on a par with Merlin.
Absolutely unplayable on his day which by the way was a lot and he scored some of the most important goals in our history.
if he hadnt got injured played the second half against QPR I do t think we would have had the Aguero moment as I think we would have been more comfortable with him on the pitch.

On his day/at his peak, he’s been the best player I’ve seen at City. Others with have had more of an impact over a longer period and the carry on with his agent was out of line. However, when we here the term ‘unplayable’, Yaya at his absolute best is the prime example of that. He had absolutely everything, strange to say he should have achieved more.
I agree at his very best nobody could touch him. I watched that recent Vinnie interview this week and he picked out Toure, David, Sergio and KDB as the 4 best he played with. He pretty much alluded to that if Toure had more desire he’d have been the best of the lot because he had absolutely everything apart the drive at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.