Reoccuring things I have noticed about our team.

Watch silva when he receives the ball, tightly marked, which is 95% of the time now the league have woken up to his threat. Watch how he at the same time kills the ball and angles his body so that he is between the marker and the ball. This is why he is almost never dispossessed but regularly fouled from behind. If he doesn't release immediately he maintains that angle whilst running infield, along the line, waiting for
An opening. That creates us many chances and goals because the forwards make runs through the channels in anticipation

All of these are spot on. Noticed them all this season. It's quite nice actually when you know that it's a result of a plan being formulated by Mancini, hundreds of hours spent on the training ground implementing the ideas, and then them actually coming to fruition game after game. The corners in particular just make me laugh at this point. we keep doing it time after time...scoring goals from them... yet the opposition still let us get away with it.

One other thing I have also noticed is that Clichy is ridiculously shrewd with the ball in the final third. He will very rarely waste it. If there isn't a clear option in the box to cross to you will see Yaya, Silva or Barry run to provide the option of an infield pass. It almost always goes there...rarely backwards.

has anyone else noticed that one minute dzeko can trap the ball like a giant silva, drop his shoulder, turn the defender and be off like a greyhound

and the next minute he looks like he`s just slipped off the kerb pissed

cant work him out myself but willing to give him the benifit of the doubt

for now

The cookie monster said:
Ive noticed you never mention pastore any more!
I don't talk about players who are not available. Pastore is still the truth. I watched him once this season (even thought I hate watching the French league) and he was fabulous. But I am happy with my club, so no complaints here. Still want Vertoghen though!

Project said:
All of these are spot on. Noticed them all this season. It's quite nice actually when you know that it's a result of a plan being formulated by Mancini, hundreds of hours spent on the training ground implementing the ideas, and then them actually coming to fruition game after game. The corners in particular just make me laugh at this point. we keep doing it time after time...scoring goals from them... yet the opposition still let us get away with it.

One other thing I have also noticed is that Clichy is ridiculously shrewd with the ball in the final third. He will very rarely waste it. If there isn't a clear option in the box to cross to you will see Yaya, Silva or Barry run to provide the option of an infield pass. It almost always goes there...rarely backwards.

Well noted, but how many times do you see him standing in their half in acres of space when we are bringing the ball through the middle and no-one sees him. Sometimes he's like the invisible man.

remoh said:
Project said:

I pointed out to one of my sons the other week that whenever Clichy gets the ball on the overlap he always whips it in first time. Only time he doesn't is when a defender gets over/back to cover, and that isn't often.

remoh said:
Well noted, but how many times do you see him standing in their half in acres of space when we are bringing the ball through the middle and no-one sees him. Sometimes he's like the invisible man.

I've noticed this happens a lot on both wings, and not just with fullbacks. Through the middle is definately the prefered option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.