Repair Shop

Its weird some people still sit down at a certain time to watch a "live" tv show (except football), I haven't done that in years.
You can watch whenever you want.

A good point, but some networks still insist on releasing some programmes as weekly episodes rather than dropping it all online and giving you the option to binge on demand.

Can see why the BBC did that with Line of Duty but not for the Repair Shop. If they had just put it all online at the start it would have allowed for the schedule changes without causing disruption to the people that circle TV guide magazine.

The repair shop reminds me of Triggers broom in Only Fools and Horses. He got an award for using the same broom for 10 years, except of course he had various new handles and brush heads.
The repair shop get a wooden bench the grandma used to sit on. They replace all the rotten wood and rusted metal, basically making a new bench.

It's a bit of Jackanory.
Stories embellished (or not, I don't really know) for TV.
I think it's made really well and one of those rare shows both me and my mother like.

Good to see people into a craft too.

The repair shop reminds me of Triggers broom in Only Fools and Horses. He got an award for using the same broom for 10 years, except of course he had various new handles and brush heads.
The repair shop get a wooden bench the grandma used to sit on. They replace all the rotten wood and rusted metal, basically making a new bench.
A bit like the Drew Pritchard salvage show, the restorers version.
There was an old chair on it a few weeks ago. They put on new leather covering, new strapping and horsehair and had to make 2 new legs.

A bit like the Drew Pritchard salvage show, the restorers version.
There was an old chair on it a few weeks ago. They put on new leather covering, new strapping and horsehair and had to make 2 new legs.
Not so much restored as replaced.

I see they have an Australian repair shop. I have an image of someone bringing a broken bbq or a rotary dryer for repair and some guy saying "sorry mate, it was scrap so we put it in the skip'
or " she'll be right ". They would no doubt bring the barbie in on a Ute and be called Daveo, Steveo or Johnno and would obviously get injured in the process therefore going to Hospo in an Ambo ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.