Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

I can see the club being relocated in some global league franchise eventually. Maybe a mini version will be left, but the parent club will have gone and just be called City.

Well when you consider that 9 of the top 10 within the Prem all sent letters to UEFA over our FFP Court hearing, our name is shit anyway. Why the hell we wanted to jump into bed with the other 5 is beyond me let alone the moralistic aspect to this farce of a plan. We merely agreed to jump ship, we have not actually done it so how can we be punished for 'contemplating/agreeing' to something that has not been achieved?? I'm sure they will come up with some shite down the line. As long as the other culprits get some too eh guys??

This could actually be the fresh start and kick up the backside European and English football needed.

Sensible wage structures, competitive transfer fees, more money being spread out to help develop grassroots football. UEFA realises the importance of the larger draw clubs and the same clubs realise the importance and responsibility they have to the future of the game and that it is the fans who dictate that progress.

Egos were running wild on both sides of the divide and hopefully now they've been brought back down to earth.

I don't think any punishment could equate to the damage and punishment they will have inflicted on themselves with fans and football in general after this.

Points deductions, when City only got offered the deal a few weeks ago and possibly only joined because they were deceived and pressured(Fear Uncertainty Doubt) into a quick decision? With not many games left and the players and manger all get their hard work wiped away, right before the finish line? Nah, that wouldn't be right.

Points deductions for all 6 clubs, from the start of next season, weighted by their involvement? Perhaps, but nothing too over the top. City and Chelsea deducted less points is only fair, it was still wrong but there IS still a difference between planning and instigating something and merely going along with it out of fear of being left behind. They'd convinced a lot of fans there was no stopping this legally, if all the clubs went ahead with it. They weren't allowed to "ask the fans" I imagine because NDAs are legally binding too. If they didn't know, that pretty much every fan would rather the club be left behind, than become like a cartel club before the reaction, then they will know now.

City had a chance to stand apart from this, as the only big 6 club to say no to it but they blew it, that's a big disappointment for me. Instead, we're having to settle for the club losing their nerve and joining but being the first club to fully come to their senses. That's not worth half as much but it has to count for something and our ownership/board is not "just as bad as them" clearly.

Last edited:
So, when all the dust has finally settled on this ESL fiasco, where do we go from there and what do we want changing? How do we go about making sure these changes happen? Do we still need to protest and let our owners know that what they did is unwanted and disgraceful and should NEVER be repeated? Or do we potentially not even want our owners anymore? Lots of questions on a very complicated future moving forward as fans of Manchester City FC.

Last edited:
Points deductions when City only got offered the deal a few weeks ago and possibly only joined because they were deceived and pressured(Fear Uncertainty Doubt) into a quick decision? With not many games left and the players and mangers get all their hard work wiped away right before the finish line? Nah, that wouldn't be right.

Points deductions for all 6 clubs from the start of next season, weighted by their involvement? Perhaps but nothing too over the top. City and Chelsea deducted less points is only fair, it was still wrong but there IS still a difference between planning and instigating something and merely going along with it out of fear of being left behind.
UEFA may have "planted" City for the ESL ... to get a lot of info as to who the real culprits were.
Khaldoon has virtually said previously that we know who our enemies are and this has been payback time.
Now that would be better than a Watergate .. a Sheikhagate.

I'd expect some legislation from the Gov to stop anything like this happening again.

Football clubs in effect being similar public assets to listed buildings, probably more fan representation as well. Easy vote winners.

Yanks will likely clear off out the league too, revenues and share prices are flat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.