Report: Inter To Sack Mourinho If They Exit Champions League

FFS!
How many people can post pseudo Hughes out threads.
Have some balls.
Mourinho plays boring football if that means winning.
Which short term may seem good but there are long term effects as at Chelsea.

from a previous thread.

Blue Dove wrote:
However as I read it, he played attractive football with Ranieris players and then brought his own in and then played a less expansive but succesful game.

Joe Coles Box of Tricks wrote:
It's a fair enough assessment, many Chelsea fans still mourn the removal and non replacement of Eidur Gudjohnsen from attack which cost us in high profile games when we just needed someone to do something different.

Blue Dove wrote:
The only thing I enjoyed was them keeping United in their place!
What was the crowd at his last (Champions League) game?

That was a sad sight, I don't even think it was 25,000. Probably our lowest attendance in over 10 years. Not the best way for our most successful manager of all time to bow out.
If it's any defence though, it was Rosenberg in a Champions League group game. I've got tickets for Apoel at home in two weeks time - I'm not expecting a full house for that either, however there'll be a lot more at the Bridge than on that night.

Which of your favourite players are going to be forced out?
Will you be one of the 25,000 three years down the line or will you be smug watching in the pub, then you don't need to pay or really watch, and be able to say you support City!

I have waited long enough but have patience.

Champions and how many points clear? Crazy world, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was true because they got him in to win the champs league, going out early doors could result in Jose being ditched

Pigeonho said:
skybluekings said:
Who you win or lose to in a previous encounter in an arbitrary argument at best.
Too many variables in football to say you beat team x last season but lost to the same team this season.

Table position is the best guide to progression.

Right, and if we win on Saturday and Villa beat Spurs, (both more than possible to happen), we go 1 point behind 4th place with a game in hand. Please tell me how that isn't progression or an acceptable position to be in at this time of the season. If you exepct more than that after 3 months, 3 months with half an entirely new team, you are not living in the real world.

Good argument and good post. May be too early to judge Hughes on this season.
My argument is only valid for last season's results and table position.

Pigeonho said:
Doesn't surprise me. As I just said on the 'I didn't realise Mourinho was so heavily linked to us', thread, Inter are playing dreadful football and the natives are restless to say the least. Course though, it's Mourinho so it doesn't matter about how his current team are performing, he's obviously better than Hughes because he's a big name. For me, appointing Hiddink, (another one people seem to crave for), or Mourinho, (if he gets the sack), is a baffling move to say the least. Hidding failed to get a nation full of good players into the world cup, Mourinho, if sacked, failed at Inter, relatively speaking. So, if we appoint one of these managers, we are actually appointing a manager who failed at his last appointment.

What utter drivel

Hopefully he'll come here and 'fail' too.

skybluekings said:
Pigeonho said:
Right, and if we win on Saturday and Villa beat Spurs, (both more than possible to happen), we go 1 point behind 4th place with a game in hand. Please tell me how that isn't progression or an acceptable position to be in at this time of the season. If you exepct more than that after 3 months, 3 months with half an entirely new team, you are not living in the real world.

But this is a completely different squad/first 11, and he has only had 3 months in which to get them to play. 3 months is rock all.

Blue Dove said:
FFS!
How many people can post pseudo Hughes out threads.
Have some balls.
Mourinho plays boring football if that means winning.
Which short term may seem good but there are long term effects as at Chelsea.

from a previous thread.

Blue Dove wrote:
However as I read it, he played attractive football with Ranieris players and then brought his own in and then played a less expansive but succesful game.

It's a fair enough assessment, many Chelsea fans still mourn the removal and non replacement of Eidur Gudjohnsen from attack which cost us in high profile games when we just needed someone to do something different.

Blue Dove wrote:
The only thing I enjoyed was them keeping United in their place!
What was the crowd at his last (Champions League) game?

That was a sad sight, I don't even think it was 25,000. Probably our lowest attendance in over 10 years. Not the best way for our most successful manager of all time to bow out.
If it's any defence though, it was Rosenberg in a Champions League group game. I've got tickets for Apoel at home in two weeks time - I'm not expecting a full house for that either, however there'll be a lot more at the Bridge than on that night.

Which of your favourite players are going to be forced out?
Will you be one of the 25,000 three years down the line or will you be smug watching in the pub, then you don't need to pay or really watch, and be able to say you support City!

I have waited long enough but have patience.

This is one I prepared earlier.
Makes it easy when there are so many Mourinho threads created.

[quote="Sven had the team in 2nd place in November and in the top 4 in December in 1 season with limited funds.
Hughes with same players and then HIS players have yet to reach what Sven accomplished...much less Hiddink and Mourinho.[/quote]

Well, we will see come May but u can't seriously compare Sven getting the team to top 4 before December to where we are now. If I remember correctly we didn't win many after Christmas and were dreadful to watch.

Funny how people are hankering after a manager who has failed to get a good team to the world cup based on half a season in the prem with an already accomplished team and a manager who looks like getting the boot from Inter because he isn't producing what they want.

Where is the proof that either could give us what we need? It would be a gamble and no more of a gamble than sticking with what we have and waiting for the season to be completed.

Pigeonho said:
skybluekings said:

But this is a completely different squad/first 11, and he has only had 3 months in which to get them to play. 3 months is rock all.

Point noted, but what would you say then about last season's 10th place (compared to Sven's 9th) with same players Sven had PLUS Robinho, Given, De Jong, Kompany, Bellamy etc.

skybluekings said:
Pigeonho said:

Point noted, but what would you say then about last season's 10th place (compared to Sven's 9th) with same players Sven had PLUS Robinho, Given, De Jong, Kompany, Bellamy etc.

The only arguement I can have there is that Hughes was thrust with all this money, Robinho was bought FOR him and he was getting used to a squad of the likes he has never been able to manage before. Ego's etc, plus it appears there were one or two disruptive influences in there, which he sorted out. Last season, for me, can't be put on Hughes' CV as a manager with unlimited wealth. This season it can be, because he has had a whole summer to get what he wants, and that is why i say he is only 3 months into his squad, and he needs time, alot of time to make it all work how he sees it working in his head. I have no doubt he will bring us success and if i'm wrong I will hold my hands up, but at least I can say I didn't jump down his throat just because he didn't bring success asap. Taggart didn;t, and look at them now. One game fromt he sack etc, look what happened in the end though. That is all i'm saying, he needs at least this and another season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.