Reported lost, please return: Mancini's balls

ste.sully

So we beat Birmingham 5-1 in April with playing 2 strikers up front, Tevez and Adebayor. Fastforward another £100m, 1 place higher in the league and 7/8 months later and Mancini decides to just play Tevez up front.

I'm vexed, I just don't get it. So that brings to me to the truthful and honest question of: where have Mancini's balls gone this season??

I just want to say I am a Mancini supporter (and I still am, although frustrated) and what City needs is stability, but I'm nonplussed with some performances concerning our style of football this season - its far too cautious.

Although I don't claim to be a football genius, on too many occassions we are not piling forward enough during counter attacks and our build up play is so predictable and slow, teams who 'park the bus' just laugh and watch. Add to that the fact that a lot of our play comes from the wings - considering Tevez is too short and all too often the only man in the box, this threat is pointless.

It feels sometimes like Mancini is the opposite of Hughes - Mancini simply too defensive and cautious whilst Hughes, despite attacking flair, was too gung-ho and careless in defensive duties.

ste.sully said:
So we beat Birmingham 5-1 in April with playing 2 strikers up front, Tevez and Adebayor. Fastforward another £100m, 1 place higher in the league and 7/8 months later and Mancini decides to just play Tevez up front.

I'm vexed, I just don't get it. So that brings to me to the truthful and honest question of: where have Mancini's balls gone this season??

I just want to say I am a Mancini supporter (and I still am, although frustrated) and what City needs is stability, but I'm nonplussed with some performances concerning our style of football this season - its far too cautious.

Although I don't claim to be a football genius, on too many occassions we are not piling forward enough during counter attacks and our build up play is so predictable and slow, teams who 'park the bus' just laugh and watch. Add to that the fact that a lot of our play comes from the wings - considering Tevez is too short and all too often the only man in the box, this threat is pointless.

It feels sometimes like Mancini is the opposite of Hughes - Mancini simply too defensive and cautious whilst Hughes, despite attacking flair, was too gung-ho and careless in defensive duties.
yes 5.1 last season supposedly better side this season and 0.0 says it all really ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.