"Reports of an Incident" at Oxford Circus Tube Station

Looks like a false alarm. Oxford Circus and Bond St stations have reopened to the general public. Understandable that people are edgy after events of recent times.

No evidence of anything by the sound of it. No sign of any suspects, no sign of gun shots or any casualties, only injury so far is a minor one caused by the stampede.

I'm guessing ( hoping ) some smoke in the tube causing panic and nothing more.
So what we have established is that there were no gun shots. Ollie Murs tweeted that there were gun shots and told people to get the fuck out. And the only injuries are to people hurt in the crush to get out? This Ollie Murs character has a lot to answer for.

I barely even know who he is tbh but I definitely think that tweet was attention seeking and not a genuine attempt to do anything more productive than create some headlines for himself. At the very best he was genuinely trying to be helpful but he's such a mad **** that he thinks the best way to do that is tweet rather than speak to those in the vicinity.
Could be something more sinister, like telling everyone to get out of the store so he can hoover up all the Black Friday bargains for himself!!!!

Could be something more sinister, like telling everyone to get out of the store so he can hoover up all the Black Friday bargains for himself!!!!
Quite possibly or just clearing the joint so he can do a bit of shop lifting in the ensuing panic?

So what we have established is that there were no gun shots. Ollie Murs tweeted that there were gun shots and told people to get the fuck out. And the only injuries are to people hurt in the crush to get out? This Ollie Murs character has a lot to answer for.

And that's before we get into discussing his music

Well if he's heard gun shots in the shop then presumably the people in the shop who he is tweeting to telling to get out will have heard them anyway. And secondly wouldn't he be better using his mouth to tell people to get out rather than tweeting? Just seems a bit pointless on a practical level. It's almost as if he wanted to just tell his wider audience that he's involved in something and give the impression that he's being selfless. Maybe I'm being overly cynical and his tweet actually saved lives.
Really??? And then wait for 10 thousand tweets asking if he is safe? Surely not.

To be fair to him, in a panic, people knocking stuff over etc any loud bang could be mistaken for gunfire, beyond the movies and Tv most people ( myself included ) in this country will have no clue what gunfire sounds like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.